Registered
374 Posts
is that...could it be...it is! a roof mount intercooler
if only I had a few more $'s

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
thats hot and all, but i can think of a million other ways to spend $130,000
yeah but would they be as fast as this car?

i think it's listed in Autoweek too. unless that is a different RS200, which i seriously doubt.

did anyone ever see the Top Gear episode where they featured Ford RS cars, and they showed a clip of the one guy on the show sliding the RS 200 into a ditch? i cringed when i saw that

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Why would someone own that car and only have 262 miles on it
cause' the guy was prolly scared to drive that damn thing. That car is hella fast. You are basically driving a car that wieghs as much as a gutted CRX and is fast as a gutted CRX with 360 hp motor! AND AWD! If you set that car up for drag....I bet it would run low 11's maybe even mid to high 10's

·
Educating Mazda Owners One Thread at a Time
4,723 Posts
thats hot and all, but i can think of a million other ways to spend $130,000
yeah but would they be as fast as this car?

i think it's listed in Autoweek too. unless that is a different RS200, which i seriously doubt.

did anyone ever see the Top Gear episode where they featured Ford RS cars, and they showed a clip of the one guy on the show sliding the RS 200 into a ditch? i cringed when i saw that
Yeah the Autoweek ad claims a 0-60 time of 2 sec. Now, I know this car is wicked fast, but that seems a little like an exhaggeration to me. Do these things have sequential trannys?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Nope just a normal 5 speed. But when you combine the power to weight ratio, and the AWD factor, it should make for a pretty nasty takeoff.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Do these things have sequential trannys?
The 5 speed transmission used three LSD viscous couplings to power the four wheels. One fitted next to the engine gear box the other two mounted at the centre of each axle. This setup was designed to give the RS200 a 37% front and 63% rear power split. Also i think the center differential could be locked to give a 50/50 front/rear power split. The lock was activated via a manual lever inside the ****pit and only available for the true non road rally version. One thing i find strange is the fact that they claim the horsepower is 350bhp when even the slower group C RS200 had 365bhp and the regular group B RS200 had a nice potent 380bhp, which actually works out to be 211bhp per liter in the power to weight ratio. This car is way over priced i think, especially as it's the road version... but eh it's still nice.

Oh yeah, that is a roof mounted intercooler

·
Registered
95 Posts
<Drools> Ooops......I need to go to the bathroom and change pants.....That thing is sik, and 0-60 in 2 sec, DAMN....Seriously.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Yeah the Autoweek ad claims a 0-60 time of 2 sec. Now, I know this car is wicked fast, but that seems a little like an exhaggeration to me. Do these things have sequential trannys?
I'm old enough that I'd saved a clipping of that test for a long time...that figure is for the 600hp+ Evolution and it actually twisted the drive shaft on the instrumented run.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts