Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AHH I'm such a dumbass,
first wreck in 3 years(that was my fault, the only one was some 16 year old punk at hs, flying through the parking lot and nailed my contour) It was raining and I was leaving my work parking lot, and looked down at my phone and look up and traffic has stopped, hit my breaks but it was too late, i was only going 20 mph too, my car looks bad like a 40 mph accident. my light busted, my bumper is cracked open my hood is half bent like triangle. Airbags didn't go off sense i wasn't going fast enough or the angle i hit the car in front of me. The only thing that happend to their car(02 camry) was a dent in the corner of the bumper, i could have popp'd it back out myself. It's wierd you wouldn't be able to tell my car hit that car. Oh well atleast no one got hurt, and it didn't even feel like i hit her
but my car sure did crumple

i'll try to take some pics tomorrow to post
[EDIT] HERE ARE THE PICS

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Re: i wrecked my svt :(

AHH I'm such a dumbass,
first wreck in 3 years(that was my fault, the only one was some 16 year old punk at hs, flying through the parking lot and nailed my contour) It was raining and I was leaving my work parking lot, and looked down at my phone and look up and traffic has stopped, hit my breaks but it was too late, i was only going 20 mph too, my car looks bad like a 40 mph accident. my light busted, my bumper is cracked open my hood is half bent like triangle. Airbags didn't go off sense i wasn't going fast enough or the angle i hit the car in front of me. The only thing that happend to their car(02 camry) was a dent in the corner of the bumper, i could have popp'd it back out myself. It's wierd you wouldn't be able to tell my car hit that car. Oh well atleast no one got hurt, and it didn't even feel like i hit her
but my car sure did crumple

i'll try to take some pics tomorrow to post
Damn dude... is your insurance still valid? wasn't that you that said you had probs paying insurance and carpayments?

·
Registered
729 Posts

Damn dude, that really sucks. I'm sorry to hear the bad news.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

i just had problems paying my dad for car payments and insurance, not the acutally companies

so yea it's still valid, some guys at work were like dude we can total it for you, i'm like ok yea, and get arrested in the process,

i hope my insurance doesn't go up too much

·
Registered
41 Posts

i hope my insurance doesn't go up too much
That bites

Depends on age, had the same thing happen (well not exactly) but it was my fault and my insurance only went up like $75 every 6 mos. and it was on a Lexus, I sure an SVT falls in a lower category.

Hope everything works out for you.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts

I am sorry to hear about the accident lynx but I am glad that everyone is ok.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

Aye.
That blows. Glad no one got hurt.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

edited for pics

·
Registered
54 Posts

Sorry to hear about your SVT.
I like your license plate.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts

Your Focus probably got so badly damaged b/c of the crumple zones. Sorry to hear of your wreck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
sorry to hear about your car. hope everything works out ok for you. insurance wise good luck i happen to work in an insurance company and you just might seem surprised. it all depends on how much the company pays out

·
Registered
364 Posts
could be worse thise is what was left of my first SVT stupid unmarked construction

car hit a unmarked 6 inch bump that had been left while construction on a highway bridge was being done.

so i hit the bump going 70 (in a 65) and the car spins once and hit this wall head on still going 55 and this is the car

·
Registered
795 Posts
Lynx, that should all just buff out, right?

InFocus, I hope you (or your insurance company) sued the city, county, and or construction company for having road hazards like that -- unmarked nonetheless. In many locales, you can get reimbursed for any damage caused by road defects (potholes, protruding barriers, mismatched slabs, etc).

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Looks like a pretty easy fix. They are never the same though again. I kept pestering my insurance company about things that were still wrong with mine after my accident. They got sick of it and eventually totalled it after they had partially fixed it. (there were a lot of things still wrong though). If they do fix it, i'd recommend 100% to go to a good local bodyshop after to have the work checked over. They'll tell you were corners were cut etc. Sorry about the SVT though...it's sad to see them get hurt
i'm glad the drivers are ok though. I owe my left leg to my old focus. If he hadn't taken the brunt of my impact i'd be wheelchairing around for sure.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mike,
I was so sorry to see your name as the one posting this thread. I'm glad you're okay. I hope JM gets your car back on the road soon.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh yea i forgot to tell everyone, i moved to ROLLA EHHEHHEHE
it's actually at denny ford, i don't think i'd have joe machens do a car of mine again, they did my contour when that punk hit me, and it took them 6 weeks, after they told me 3! that and all the other crap my car gets from them, i might be up for the next gtg
peace

1 - 18 of 18 Posts