Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to share the IAC removal I had today and the stuff to maybe make it quiker and easier for anyone attempting in the future...

1. Jack car up at least a foot on jackstands or higher w/ lift

2. Lay with your feet out towards the drivers side of car (under the axle area)

3. Use a 1/4 in. drive ratchet with a short 8mm socket, manuever around a little and it will work. The long socket was good to break the torque but not to tighten.

4. When pulling out the valve slide it straight over to the drivers side (through the manifold)to an opening which can be reached from the top of the engine area (if on jackstands) where you can easily disconnect the wires and remove the valve up and out. (this is all to the drivers side of the tps plug/sensor)

Note: while you have the valve off you can put a blower or vacuum up to the IAC channel under the t/b to push and pull any debri left behind in there as well.

5. The harness on the Valve will always face the drivers side of the car.

6. Putting the valve back in is the same way as it came out. And the screws will be easily started and tightened w/ fingers most of the way too..Use the 1/4 In. rachet and small 8mm socket to tighten the final 1/4 to 1/2. If you cant tighten down the screw with your fingers the rachet will give you enough room to work. Tighten only to 10-20 in. lbs as the nutplates are plastic i believe, and i didnt want to take the chance stripping the manifold out.

I am sorry if this is more than required for typing, I just wanted to have some "searchable" reference for the future IAC problem people like me....

Robert

·
Registered
397 Posts
good to hear the removal went well man
, like i was telling you there isn't really that much to it, just hard when putting it back on

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wasnt bad (long arms, good at one handed tricks
)

·
Registered
384 Posts
one handed tricks huh, I need both hands to do tricks.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds like a plan Bacon, That way people will have a good concept visually as well.....

Robert

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by Sir_Gawain:
I just wanted to share the IAC removal I had today and the stuff to maybe make it quiker and easier for anyone attempting in the future...

1. Jack car up at least a foot on jackstands or higher w/ lift

2. Lay with your feet out towards the drivers side of car (under the axle area)

3. Use a 1/4 in. drive ratchet with a short 8mm socket, manuever around a little and it will work. The long socket was good to break the torque but not to tighten.

4. When pulling out the valve slide it straight over to the drivers side (through the manifold)to an opening which can be reached from the top of the engine area (if on jackstands) where you can easily disconnect the wires and remove the valve up and out. (this is all to the drivers side of the tps plug/sensor)

Note: while you have the valve off you can put a blower or vacuum up to the IAC channel under the t/b to push and pull any debri left behind in there as well.

5. The harness on the Valve will always face the drivers side of the car.

6. Putting the valve back in is the same way as it came out. And the screws will be easily started and tightened w/ fingers most of the way too..Use the 1/4 In. rachet and small 8mm socket to tighten the final 1/4 to 1/2. If you cant tighten down the screw with your fingers the rachet will give you enough room to work. Tighten only to 10-20 in. lbs as the nutplates are plastic i believe, and i didnt want to take the chance stripping the manifold out.

I am sorry if this is more than required for typing, I just wanted to have some "searchable" reference for the future IAC problem people like me....

Robert
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Are you the person that emailed me about this???

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya squigy i beleive so....

Thanks,

Robert

1 - 13 of 13 Posts