Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about a small adapter to convert the stock exhaust manifold into a turbo manifold?

Like something maybe 3" tall. Stock flange on one end, T3 on the other, and maybe have a pipe w/wastegate flange (optional) come off the pipe?

Now that I'm getting pretty good at gas welding I'm looking for a project.

Anyone thought of doing this? Seems simple enough.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn... I guess I can't be unique.

I guess I can live with the fact it doesnt have their Name on it. Thats engine management enough.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Yes I thought very hard about this when building my setup. I even laser cut a flange to match the outlet of the header and then one to match the turbo. One problem is that the flow would suck going from a round opening to a square, you would have to use a pretty stout piece of tubing in between. But a very cheap way to do it that would work just fine. If you do decide to go this route I can hook you up with a laser milled flange. I used it to make a temp. off road pipe when my cat clogged before i completed my turbo. I could cut it off and grind it smooth again if you or anyone is interested. PM me.

·
Registered
573 Posts
htis is EXACTLY what i need for my setup. stock manifold to TD04. PM if anyone would liek to attempt this for me.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
This is what I've got on mine. Unfortunately, I found the turbo couldn't go straight on. The pipe had to be "skewed" a few degrees in each direction.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Yeah the turbo needs to be set out a tad and to the drivers side a tad. I can build one to suit any turbo

·
Registered
186 Posts
sure it will work just fine, but wouldn't you want to with a new manifold for more flow,=more power, but I am sure the stock one will flow plenty.
I really don't see how it would make much easier than going to a new one, maybe.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Well unless your pretty good at fabrication, your going to spend 300-400 on a custom one. I built my own and it still cost me about $150+ you could have an adapter made for less than $100

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really wasnt planning on using it. Just trying to make something maybe someone else could use out of my new found welding skillz.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts