Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing the urethane engine mounts my idle went from bearable to CRAP! anything less than 900-1000 rpm (idle when cold) and car wants to shake itself apart, it never stalls or anything, just a LOT more vibrations. After searching for IDLE ADJUSTMENT what i want to know is if i adjust the screw on my TB how can the computer re-adjust the idle when there is physicaly more air going in? (without running lean?)my search was NOT so clear to me...

So basicaly if i mess with the idle adjust screw
will i be able to raise my idle permanently? If not how can i do it?

Milan

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: moolan ]</p>

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Nader man,

I do not have the cam-gears or cams, and i would hate to go back to the factory mounts, i love what these mounts do for my car, i am also hoping to not have to go with a chip, i think i read someone had his stock computer flashed by factory, i do not know anyone at a Ford dealer so i am s.o.l. I will try the idle screw tonight and see what happends???

Thanks bud,

Milan

Also what do you think about drilling a couple of holes into the Urethane? Crazy enough to work?
Just a thought......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.