Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been discussed before but my search is giving me error scripts.

Any other SVT owners ever had an idle at 1800 then settles then pops back up? Is this a sign that I don't have the latest flash? It's kind of hard to drive in first gear feels like its bogging.

·
Registered
124 Posts
To check if you have the latest update open your passenger side door and look for a small white sticker in between the door and the frame of the car (right next to the wiring for the speakers and power windows). If it says RLA 1 or RLA 2 then you do not have the latest update. RLA 6 is the latest update. I have RLA 1 still and I get high RPM's at start up. If I push down on the brake twice, my RPM's drop down back to around 1100. When the car warms up it idles around the 800-RPM range. Does the car bog all the time or only when you first start up in the morning?

Edit - I see that you have a 2003 so you have RLA 6. So it has to be something else.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problems with the start up. Just the normal "warm-up". Today however I threw the emission CEL. Time to take a trip to the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts