Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry so long and boring! First off I have cams which made the idle low and anoying so I finally figured out how to turn the idle screw.( Alan key hole on back of screw) I did this and tightened the nut. Everything was peachey and when I went to shift my RPM's skyrocketed. The nut fell off and the screw wiggled its way in.I had to take the screw all the way out so I can drive it and I guess I'll use a dab of locktight on a new nut this time.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
What I used on mine to secure its damn position cuz it freakin moved all the time..was got one of those things from a "light fixture" ya know your home light fixture...well you know how you spin the piece to put the bulb in..well ya I used one of those and it has not moved at all!!

·
Registered
830 Posts
wouldn't the ecu compensate for that hack? I always tought It would and thats why I did not messed with it in the past...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by french_connection:
wouldn't the ecu compensate for that hack? I always tought It would and thats why I did not messed with it in the past...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well the car does idle even without the screw but it's a little too low for me and gets annoying when I'm in traffic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts