Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first of:I have a Diablo sport chip,FC TB,AEM intake and a Magnaflow Exaust.

Two:then i start the car up the niddle is a 2000rpm then drops down to about 1000-1200 .

Is this to hight?
what should it run at??

·
Registered
409 Posts
Check the TPS position. There are three sets of
screw holes on the side of the TB for manual or automatic transmissions. Check the instruction sheet - the back side shows what holes for what year/transmission. I had a 1st generation TB that
did not have different holes and I went nuts for weeks changing IAC sensors & vacuum lines. Now I
have the 2nd gen TB and it idles smooth at anywhere from 740 - 900 rpm depending on where I
set the adjustment screw.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
That screw is to stop the butterfly from sticking, not to control the idle. It can only properly control the idle if you have the computer idle control disabled, and you needed to control it manually.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
That screw is to stop the butterfly from sticking, not to control the idle. It can only properly control the idle if you have the computer idle control disabled, and you needed to control it manually.
make a new gasket with no holes for the idle air bypass and you're good to go. $1 mod. it will set off the cel, but you can set the idle with the screw to wherever you want it. where you set it, is where it runs, hot cold whatever. just my 2 cents.

g

1 - 6 of 6 Posts