Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Along with the Mondeo, C1 Focus, New Fiesta and every other great product they make except here!!!

:where's my crying smiley:

Ohh and thats from Austrailia and after the whole GTO debacle that GM did i doubt we'll see another great Austrailian car because of the MORONS that didn't like the Monaro just because GM called it the Goat......

People begged and begged to bring over the Monaro and now GM can't find enough salesmen to push them out into oncoming traffic...

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
they can push one into my driveway.

^^^ that car is sexy, I'm gonna ask santa for it.

·
Banned
613 Posts
that looks so much like a damn gto you could swap badging and i prolly wouldnt know the difference

·
Registered
697 Posts
The GTO is actually a Middle Eastern spec Chevrolet. Yes it is still an Aussie built Holden, but the Aussie cars are all right steered. The Holden models, sold under Chevrolet in the Middle East, are all built left steered.

Ford won't bring it over because all they offer is the right steered model. Too much money to put toward conversion is the reason why it won't come over.

·
Registered
275 Posts
that looks so much like a damn gto you could swap badging and i prolly wouldnt know the difference
Funny, I thought the Monaro umm, gto had two doors.

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
Funny, I thought the Monaro umm, gto had two doors.
they make a car called the Commodore which is basically a 4dr Monaro. very cool.

I'd love to see that car here. until then, GTO here i come!

Mike

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
They look as much the same as a Taurus and an Impala would look the same.

Apparently some of you have never watched the Australian V8 Supercar series on Speed channel. You should, it's some badass frikkin racing

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Oh and it looks nothing like a Mazda 6 either, must just be the angle of the pic.

Anyways, to answer your question of "Why won't Ford sell this here?"

1. It would give the Mustang a run for it's money
2. Sales of the Pontiac GTO aren't exactly spectacular. And the GTO was a good indication of how well Americans would warm up to these V8 sedans from Australia.

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
Oh and it looks nothing like a Mazda 6 either, must just be the angle of the pic.

Anyways, to answer your question of "Why won't Ford sell this here?"

1. It would give the Mustang a run for it's money
2. Sales of the Pontiac GTO aren't exactly spectacular. And the GTO was a good indication of how well Americans would warm up to these V8 sedans from Australia.
IMO, there are a few reasons the GTO hasen't taken off:

1) they didn't advertise it as much as they could have.

2) its styling is quite bland (at least in pictures) and looks too much like other chevys and pontiacs

3) importing snafus have left shipments of GTOs on the docks, meaning that a lot of dealers in less urban areas don't ever have any on the lot.

they should have advertised it more, and they should have made it quite clear that this was basically the next camaro/firebird. they should have either left the front end alone (so it looked like the monaro) or done somethign so that the car stand out from the grand ams and grand prixs, but they didn't bc they wanted brand familiarity.

on the other hand, the sales of the GTO have picked up a good deal in the last month thanks to the GM Employee Discount Pricing and the 05 Mustang GT scarcity. if i remember right, the stats were that GTO sales went up 76% in 1 month! it sold so well that GM put it on the N/A list when they decided to continue the employee pricing deal. the Mustang GT scarcity is helping bc a lot of people are getting frustrated waiting for a mustang that they're gonna pay over MSRP for anyway, so they go looking for the Goats that are sitting on Pontiac's lots. once they realize the amount of car they're getting for the $$$, it's a no-brainer.

Mike

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
The reason its not sold here, is people still buy fords current line up, people still buy the 2005 focus. If you want to see these cars here stop buying the crap they give us now. If you buy what they make now, obviously they aren’t going to bring better products over.

For every person on here that bitches that ford wont bring over the C1 focus, that goes out and buys an 05 focus, you have your self to blame.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
If Ford was really nice to us, they'd sell this here:

·
Registered
715 Posts
The reason its not sold here, is people still buy fords current line up, people still buy the 2005 focus. If you want to see these cars here stop buying the crap they give us now. If you buy what they make now, obviously they aren’t going to bring better products over.

For every person on here that bitches that ford wont bring over the C1 focus, that goes out and buys an 05 focus, you have your self to blame.
No disrespect, but no matter if we buy or don't buy the '05 Focus or any other model, Ford will never bring it here...regardless how much we all bitch and cry for it.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts

They sell stuff that will satisify 75% of the USA. Not the 1% of the car nuts like us... unless they make a mistake and put a v8 in a small sized sedan, which they won't because american suck and we will sue becuase

"YOUR car is too powerful for the average idiot to drive"!
[/rant]
-bix

1 - 20 of 25 Posts