657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to get the following:

Focussport under drive pulley's
Focussport headers
MBRP full exhaust
Diablo Chip
OBX Intake

how much more power will my ATX zx3 make, what else to get, what do get first, I know any and almost all about car audio but i am really just getting into performance parts for my ZX3!! so i need help

also, do i really need to run 01 octane?? no big deal if i have too!! what problems could i have with these parts, I need the low down. if there are better or even different parts that I should get, please list them for me

·
Registered
384 Posts
Don't go with the obx intake, go with a true CAI like AEM, Iceman, or Injen. As far as running with 91+ octane, with the chip, you must. Check on what code you have on ur Focus, then talk to Cajun cause some codes are better with a superchip and some codes are better with a diablo.

·
Registered
255 Posts
foci, you have some good choices for parts but may make a recommendation for you?

focussport header
focus central pulley kit
hks exhaust
diablo chip
injen cold air box

the focussport header woould be good for you, however, with an MBRP, i'm sure you're gonna go deaf within a couple months of owning that setup. so coupling it with an hks hiper exhaust will do the chore of keeping things quiet. it'll provide a nice deep tone without all the harsh loud noise. the pulley kit from focus central will address the crank, alternator and the water pump. being that you drive an automatic, i found that it helped me a whole lot. as for the injen cold air box, this system would be a good choice because of it's "close-to-stock" looks. it utilizes an all new top section of your existing stock airbox, a silicone connecting hose to the t-body, and a conical high flow filter. this system provides a substantial amount of torque across the powerband. all that coupled with a chip will finish you out nicely. but all in all, its a recommendation. nobody ever said you had to go by it. good luck and keep Jettin'!!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Since it's an automatic...I say around 114-120 whp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts