Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is with my car lately! Its almost like no one can see it! I mean I know its a gray car, but during the day! The other day I was driving on the mane road, in the right hand lane doing about 50 mph, I see a truck turning from the side road, so I move over to the left hand lane, I really didn't have enough time to stop if he pulls out. So the truck then pull out into the LEFT hand lane! I then have to slam on breaks and then swerve back to the right hand lane. I miss him by 3 feet! I pull up along side of him and yell at the ASS to pull over. But he just speeds up and makes a left hand turn. At this point I'm fuming and turn to follow him, get his plate, and get my cell phone. If he don't pull over I'm ready to call the cops on him (no idea what they can do but worth a shot) On top of that the road he turned on to has a sign (no through trucks) even though that is what he was doing. It takes me a few minutes to find a place to pull up next to him and I yell at him to pull over. When he dose I ball the **** out of him! He gives me some crap that his truck has "lots of blind spots" I told him BS that has to do with cars on the side of him and behind him. I was on the road he was turning onto, and if he cant see, he shouldn't have gone! On top of that he shouldn't have turned into the left hand lane from a side road on the right!

Then today A car dose this to me, again I almost rear end them, then again another truck, but this time the truck cuts me off wile I'm doing 50 and STOPS to make a turn!

I just had my last focus totaled but a truck 4 months ago, and the dick cop put it down as my fault! So now I stuck with a friggan $550 a month insurance bill, and the last thing I need is to rear end a truck because OF CORES it will be my fault!

Needless to say I started driving with my city/headlight/fog lights on again. Maybe this way people will "see" my car

It be nice if THIS focus actually makes it more than a year!

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
yuh...everyday and not just in small cars.

I was driving my stepdads 4x4 F-150 Black yesterday. Stopped at a stop sign, my turn to go, I get almost halfway thru the 4 way stop and the idiot to my right in an Explorer gooses it. I saw it and swerved and he barely missed me.

What an idiot!!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Why not chalk it up to "he made a mistake" and move on. Have you never cut someone off that you didn't see?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Originally posted by Dnewma04:
Have you never cut someone off that you didn't see?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Im sure we all have, but from what he is saying that the truck should have CLEARLY seen him on the road he was trying to turn onto,especially if its a TRUCK!!I mean you should use much more care when your driving something of that size.
Whatever happened to looking where your going?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I agree that the truck should have seen him, no doubt. We all make mistakes.

BTW, I used to do the same thing as RPV in that scenario. While in Mexico City, I realized how ridiculous road rage is. They are constantly cutting each other off (I mean in a 10 mile trip, you will get cut off 45-50 times). Everyone just goes on, the most you will ever get is a quick tap of the horn. I couldn't believe that people weren't beating the hell out of each other. It just isn't worth it to get bent out of shape at other drivers for making mistakes.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Originally posted by SaTaNcLaUz:
no see, the bigger your car is the less YOU have to look out for, because you're bigger and they have to watch where YOU'RE going

or at least it seems like that
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I get cut off by just as many compacts as I do other types of cars. It's just that it's more annoying when a big SUV cuts you off and you can't see around him.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was almost munched this morning by one of my neighbors......
...i think the driving rules in his country aren't the same as in the US.....

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by 03' ZX3:
What happened to your first se that you only got 50 miles out of it?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Engine/tranny died

Originally posted by xerofall:
I hope nothing happens to your car, but if you did get into an accident can I have some Mach Audio parts? Not the headlights.

Keep me in mind.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Na sorry man cuz those parts are going into my FORTH focus then

Why the hell do I have to like this car so much!

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Happened to me today. Old Timer went through a solid red. Had been red for a while. I was going through a green and was almost under the light when he came throug. Hard on the breaks and I stopped so close you couldn't have gotten a piece of paper between my car and his chevy pickup.

Guy kept on going and never say it had no idea that he had come close to taking my whole nose off!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know it is true. Most truck and SUV drivers care very little about and pay very little attention to the drivers around them, but it sounds like you need a car with some decent brakes or just a brake/tire upgrade.
-Dan v.

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
Originally posted by rpvitiello:
It takes me a few minutes to find a place to pull up next to him and I yell at him to pull over
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Bad idea man. Anybody can have a weapon on them, and anybody can be a psyco. Keep driving.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts