Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so far I have a Volant cool air intake, MagnaFlow exhaust, FCTB, Eibach sportline springs, Enkei CDR9s, and a nice stereo
What should I get next or what would be the next logical upgrade...I don't want a chip though...
thanks

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts
He already has the TB, I would say cams with adj. gears or a race header, flex pipe combo

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by airforcefocus:
He already has the TB, I would say cams with adj. gears or a race header, flex pipe combo
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah...all of them :) UDP, cam gears, and race header with flexpipe. Good gains

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i'd start saving for a turbo... and sell all the stuff you have.

okay, seriously. You can get everything you need from Focus Central.

3 piece pulley set
Race Header
Flex Pipe

They will offer you a little bit better price as well if you buy all that stuff I believe. If not, see who has the best prices. Good luck. Maybe if you wanted, you could get yourself a Diablo Chip or something to remove those pesky speed and rev limiters.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Originally posted by Bantha Fodder:
Konis.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Definitely.

The header and flexpipe, and the UDP are all recommended mods, BUT the Koni's will give you the most improvement for anything but dedicated drag-racing.
I'd certainly recommend the UDP. AF/X is only around $100. GREAT bang for the buck. Prothane "Motor/Tranny-Mount" bushings are only about 20 bucks, and will help you get more power to the ground.
Are you looking for "Daily-Driver" Enjoyment, "Improvement in the Twisties", Better ET's at the strip, or something to tell other people about? Your answer will help sort things out.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Originally posted by S. on Da 5:
A good port and polish.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">second that

or maybe a carbon fiber hood

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
would the cams make my car any louder? I don't mind it being too loud but I don't want that bumblebee sound!

Yes this is my daily driver, though it's parked in a deck most of the week! I like drag racing, crusing, and auto cross so basicly I'm looking to mod my car so it performs well in almost every area
it that's posible

·
Registered
121 Posts
If I had 600 bucks I would make some more car payments. I HATE HAVING THIS MUCH DEBT!!!

Or I would get UDP and a CAI, maybe a TB, but I'm not convinced.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Originally posted by RicanStyleZX3:
I'm looking to mod my car so it performs well in almost every area
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">That's why I suggested Konis above. If you can't go fast through the turns, you can't go fast.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i second the race header and flex pipe from f/c...they do have a deal saving u like 50 bucks if u order both at the same time:)...i just did..hehe...that will make ur car loud, but nader has some mufflers to quiet it down...and u will lose lil if any hp...and if you go with the udp...go with the crank pulley from afx...but if you have a system and neons...etc...it will cause dimming...i dont even have one and i dim as it is:(

·
Registered
473 Posts
definitely go with the crower stage II cams if you have a manual. i have an auto with several mods and it rocks! mods are: pacesetter header and exhaust, esslinger udp, fc cam gears, crower II cams, 180 thermo, random technology high flow cat, fs wires, and open intake. very good mod for the money

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How much noise would cams add, if any?

I'm liking the Koni idea and the cams with cam gears idea... but is there anything else besided udp, cams, race/shorty headers, and flywheel?
Thanks to all for your help thus far

·
Registered
400 Posts
maybe a 6speed:)...anyone know how much that would cost for our cars???...say maybe rip one outta an svt...how much would it be to put it in a manual..or convert an auto?...also you could look into the venom 400 i think it is...my friend put one on his 01 cougar and you can feel the difference for sure...its kinda like a chip...but i dont think a dealership can tell if u have it or not b/c it doesnt change ur code:)

[ 09-17-2002, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: Soon2bSaleenZx3 ]

1 - 20 of 55 Posts