Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and a tape measure, would you be willing to measure the center-to-center distance of the bolts mounting the bar to the rear sub-frame. Also, the distance that the welded on mounting bracket sticks out from the back of the subframe would be helpful (probably around a 1/2").

I am the owner of an '05 without swaybar mounts and I'm looking at fabricating some weld-on mounts. I'm using the clamp system posted here for now, but would like to be able to push outboard to the stock mounting position.

thank you for your help.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For clarification, I am looking for the center-to-center distance between the two bolts on one mounting bushing, not two bolts on opposite sides of the car.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
Some quick measurements:

Distance between mounting bolts, top to bottom: 3"
Distance between mounting bolts, left to right: 21"
Length of mounting "bracket" (it's just a nut): 1"

I'm such a sucker. It's raining outside and I went to do it anyway.

Edit: Those are all center-to-center measurements, btw.

·
Registered
233 Posts
PM me for how to do it. I changed the original one posted in Feb. I think my solution may be a bit better. I showed one of the other Foci members down in Fl how to do it and he is very happy.I have done it to mine with everyday driving and a couple of autocrosses it hasn't moved or rattled.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pitchblack23,
Thank you for the time and effort to get (hopefully not too) wet. If I get this done, I'll try to post pictures for everyone. If it works, the brackets will involve: 4 cuts, 4 drilled holes, and 4 welds. Easy enough (fingers crossed).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts