Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading conflicting posts about weather or not you can use your factory wires (or aftermarket focus wires) With various coil packs. It seems that you can with Accel, but not Screaming Deamon, or MSD. Is this correct?

·
Registered
65 Posts
If it was me, i would just get better wires & plugs if i was getting a better ignition coil anyway. I wouldnt see any reason not to. U r going to need it to get everything you can from the ignition anyway.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
MMM there are a lot of guys here running the screaming demon( MSD) and haven't heard of any install problems.

Tim

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can someone who actually runs one of these setups please respond. I don't want to bet my money on "he said, she said."

·
Registered
871 Posts
use the search function!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!then, when you cannot find the anwser, read below. and just because it has been covered like 10000 times RECENTLY , and i know you just want a quick anwser, i will tell you. the s/d and themsd are teh same....just rebadged. both need new wires from s/d or msd as they made the plugs bigger so you would HGAVE to buy them. now please, use the search from now on!

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been reading conflicting posts about weather or not you can use your factory wires (or aftermarket focus wires) With various coil packs. It seems that you can with Accel, but not Screaming Deamon, or MSD. Is this correct?
Thank you for your polite and constructive answer Llama.
Did you even read my first post?
Take a look for your self:
Here someone calims that you have to use ZX2 wires.
Accel Coil question, and wires question
Here someone claims that you can use stock wires:
Accel Ignition Coil Spark Plug Gappage
Please, don't answer unless you have construction information.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I just installed the MSD coil pack from a 4.6 stang on my focus this weekend and, yes, you have to use ZX2 wires. The install is very easy.. you just have to get some longer screws for the coil pack because it sits up higher than the stock one. Other than that its a direct replacement.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts