Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I\'m a lucky boy,

Well. Look at the Gem I just won off ebay.

Link

75 bucks for a 2.3 shortblock with 3,000 miles.
Shipping was 101.63

That and I just got back from Jetfest. JETFEST ROCKED!!!

I ended up winning 2 prizes in the raffel
First prize I won was a $100 Gift certificate to the tire rack.
And the very very next prize was my girlfriends ticket.
That was a set of hawk brake pads.
The people were screaming "Rigged"

I was in shock that I won twice. And twice in a row. I Had an awesome weekend and It would have been cool if more of my duratec brothers were there.

Lets see what else. I drove all of powerworks zetec and svt cars.(except the automatic grey zx3) Even the white one that is on the main focaljet page(stock zetec with the powerworks big boost kit)Silly Fast. And I got an awesome thrill ride in Turbo Tom's Svt car.

They were only letting press and vendors test drive/ ride in the duratec power works car. But Through Karl at Massive speed system I was given a ride in the powerworks 2.3 duratec car. <--very nice very fast. It has stock internals and I saw the boost gauge go up to 10 psi.

I had a blast and one hell of a good weekend.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Re: I\'m a lucky boy,

Sounds perty kewl
; sorry I missed it.

I was, at the last minute (late registration opened last week), going to bomb out there in my 2.3 from SoCal, but work (which is seasonal) called and I had to take it.

More money for mods, among other things (like living expenses and savings).

I'm glad you were able to go. Did you meet with pitchblack23? He's my hero.

·
Registered
117 Posts

Congrats on the block and Jetfest goodies! I am more bummed than you can imagine about not making it up there!!!
Later,
Damage

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

No, but i'm sure I saw his car pitchblack zx3 with misouri plates and a white solo sticker on the back window. I wanted to meet him but didn't end up doing so.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Any inside info get leaked to you (that you can share) about the powerworks blower( or anyone else's) coming to market? I thought F2 was going to annouce some stuff, prices and whatnot, for their turbo duratec setup. Help a duratec brother out.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Any inside info get leaked to you (that you can share) about the powerworks blower( or anyone else's) coming to market? I thought F2 was going to annouce some stuff, prices and whatnot, for their turbo duratec setup. Help a duratec brother out.

One thing i can say is that it has a very smooth feeling power band.

All they said is that they don't have enough public interest in the duratec blower setup yet. They are currently in the phase where they are trying to find out if there is enough demand. The guys at the ford racing trailer were driving the car for a long time and I think they liked it.

I also think that powerworks is trying to be a vendor for supercharger kits in the ford racing catalog.

The one guy from powerworks was hinting that the car should be good for 14.300 or better with the cats and stock exhaust. So with a header and catback it might be a 13 second package. They also said it would be a minimum of 1 year before they release this system. They are busy developing an 05 mustang package.

If you want to speed this up, contact power works!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts

Forget the brakes and the $100 bucks. The best news is that their car was making 10psi on the stock internals. Thats a good sign for you and your set-up your making

·
Registered
5,176 Posts

One thing i can say is that it has a very smooth feeling power band.

All they said is that they don't have enough public interest in the duratec blower setup yet. They are currently in the phase where they are trying to find out if there is enough demand. The guys at the ford racing trailer were driving the car for a long time and I think they liked it.

I also think that powerworks is trying to be a vendor for supercharger kits in the ford racing catalog.

The one guy from powerworks was hinting that the car should be good for 14.300 or better with the cats and stock exhaust. So with a header and catback it might be a 13 second package. They also said it would be a minimum of 1 year before they release this system. They are busy developing an 05 mustang package.

If you want to speed this up, contact power works!!!
I've bugged them every time I've seen 'em. (FocusSport dyno day, FOTB).

Great guys and quite patient with my whining... er requests.

Realisticly we just need more duratecs on the road. The SVT is a no brainer, it's a performance car, the zetec well there's a zillion of cheap zetecs around.

In a year or two the duratec will be much more common and then a good business case can be made.

Fortunatly I'll probably be done paying for the car around when a powerworks should be out for the d23.

·
Registered
130 Posts

i probably got the head off of that block... the ebay seller was top notch and awsome to deal with.
congrats on the raffel at jet fest.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

i probably got the head off of that block... the ebay seller was top notch and awsome to deal with.
congrats on the raffel at jet fest.
Yep you got the head and i got the bottom end.

Walter Marcy said that the Eagle rods for the 2.3's are availiable and currently shipping. Add a set of 9.5 : 1 foprged pistons, and I'm going to build up a nice shortblock for under $1,100.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Forget the brakes and the $100 bucks. The best news is that their car was making 10psi on the stock internals. Thats a good sign for you and your set-up your making
Ya like i said it was an awesome weekend and I was extremely lucky.

But I'm still not going higher than maybe 5 - 7 psi on the stock internals. It's all a matter of how the car drives and hopw the tuning goes.

I'd like the car to be driveable up till the point I swap in the new shortblock. Then I upgrade to a Garrett gt 28 and run 9 psi on the street and 13 on the track.

·
I have wonderous butt cheeks
8,054 Posts

Congratulations, sir!!!!!
Wish I could've gone.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts

No, but i'm sure I saw his car pitchblack zx3 with misouri plates and a white solo sticker on the back window. I wanted to meet him but didn't end up doing so.
I feel famous! The first words out of Ataru's mouth when he pulled into the St. Louis-area meeting point were "Which one of you guys is Pitchblack?"

I didn't get any cool ridealongs. I was trying to get one in the RS8 all weekend, but no luck.
I did drool over the supercharged Duratec on a stand, though. Was their test car the liquid gray(?) ST?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I feel famous! The first words out of Ataru's mouth when he pulled into the St. Louis-area meeting point were "Which one of you guys is Pitchblack?"

I didn't get any cool ridealongs. I was trying to get one in the RS8 all weekend, but no luck.
I did drool over the supercharged Duratec on a stand, though. Was their test car the liquid gray(?) ST?
Yes the liquid grey st.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Mmm, Powerworks Duratech SC. Did you see it installed under the hood? I'm curious how it looked, or any pics of the Duratech SC on the stand? Man i'm going nuts, i want one yesterday!

·
Registered
8,101 Posts

or any pics of the Duratech SC on the stand?

It wouldn't look like much under the hood. The supercharger is tucked away behind the front bumper.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Wow, thanks! I'm totaly in love with that. Full emissions i'm taking as meaning its CARB'ed approved? It looks like the manicat is gone. Man i seirously want this thing. Look at those numbers. Wow.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts

I forgot this shot. Powerworks uses a ceramic-coated manicat in order to get possible emissions legality. I just thought it was kinda funny.

·
Registered
262 Posts

My bad, i was looking at the pic wrong, the manicat is in the back, duh. I'm so excited over this i wasn't even thinking straight. Please Powerworks bring this to market, the check is already filled out! Thanks for the killer pics pitch.

·
Registered
244 Posts

Man, that is awesome! Stinks they are going to wait for more demand, but being a Business Degree holder, it is a smart move on their part. The mounting on the bottom in the bumber is great for a sleeper! Has anyone heard if they are going to have one for the D20, or if this one does? Wonder what numbers it would make then? The numbers on that D23 are PERFECT!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts