Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was just wondering if you guys can give me some tips for this weekend in going raceing for the first time and i have a auto tranny

·
Registered
921 Posts
-When you see the last yellow take off.
-You can try powerbraking; some say it works, some say it doesn't.
-You can try manually shifting; some say it works, some say it doesn't.
-Remove your spare and jack for less weight.
-Keep your stock air pressure; 32f/34r.
-Your times should be around 11.2-11.4 in the 1/8 mile, or a low 17 high 16 1/4 mile, for reference.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Try powerbraking and manually shifting one run, and on the next one just keep it in "D"rive and floor it. See which one works better for you

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do you power break and i have already gutted it and got a ram air intake and exaust?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Well try it on the street first so you can see how the brakes will hold but the basic Idea is that you hold the break down and push the gas at the same time, that way the engine gets a little head start and your wheels will be going a little. If I had an auto I would try it with the e-brake myself, stage then pull the break a couple clicks and hold on to it, click it back and release it on the right after the second yellow and then you can floor it on the third....with the lack of low-end go you'll have trouble really red-lighting, but practice your technique and see what you come up with...Peace

Lox

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i thought it was i do that all the time on the street

·
Registered
41 Posts
"WHAT WORKS FOR ONE MAY NOT WORK FOR THE OTHER", but one thing that I could give is don't have a staging dual, try and stage first so you can be ready for the lights. I have to agree with the above as soon as the last yellow light lights up GO!

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
Personally I drop from about 2300 RPM. DOn't use Ebrake...you'll get a better RT and 60 ft if you use the regular old footbrake.

If you're gonna manually shift, do NOT, i repeat do NOT drop from neutral. NOt only does this murder your tranny, the clutchpacks slip a [censored] transitioning from neutral to drive and you'll lose butloads of time.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have to agree with the above as soon as the last yellow light lights up GO!
What about a .5 pro tree???

Tim

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
would using the overedrive make a diffrence?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks guy for the help im will post the timesi ran on monday

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Here are a couple things I forgot to tell you...
1. Don't worry about everyone that is watching, they aren't driving so they can go to hell...
2. Try not to stage with your back wheels.. make sure you drive slowly when entering the staging area, I did it my first time, I was so nervous
3. Go out to have fun and talk to people at the track, everyone is there for the same reason, having a good time and staying OFF the street...

Peace

Lox

1 - 14 of 14 Posts