Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I\'m Baaaack. Opinions needed.

Sup guys (and gals) It's HotWheels from the past. I've had my Dodge Ram Hemi for about 7 months now and I miss the sport compact thing. So I'm going to see what it will take to get back into the game. Here's my choices:

02 Subaru WRX Sedan
01 Honda S2000
02 Acura RSX Type-S
02+ VW Golf 1.8T
SVT Focus

My criteria is this: I will be living across the street from where I work, so not much around town driving. I just want something fun to drive, low maintainance, and I'm able to "tinker" with.

Well?

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
Re: I\'m Baaaack. Opinions needed.

dont remember you !
go away rookie

should have went for that wrx youve always wanted instead of thaat thar Hemi

welcome back Matt you havent missed much

·
Registered
729 Posts

IMO iv always like the s2000,,,,lil 2 seater rear drive,,,,through a comptech on there and u get rite around 300or so horse,,,,,,,should be bout rite if your lookin for a round' town cruiser or a weekend warrior

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

Mercedes AMG E55?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts

First of all welcome back (even though we never met before)!

Secondly the first car I'd put out of the list would be the Golf 1.8t...Sure it has turbo but I heard that intercooler is way too small and the turbo itself is an older model turbo which is very expensive to replace with an aftermarket turbo if you're planning to go that way...Plus I read an article in SCC that said that the ECU for the Golf very hard to upgrade since every few months or so VW pays Boush (mispell?) to reprogram the ECUs...I have no idea why they do this but I bet you a turbo SVT or RSX or better yet WRX would kick the crap outta a Golf anyday...

Now that I got that out of the way...I think "souping" up a S2000 would always be an interesting project...I met owner of Bodywerks (a well known turner group fron Illonis) and they have a supercharged S2000 and it looks and rides great!! Plus over 300 horses (that's with the supercharger) with such a small body! That's crazie! Plus it's only a 2.0 liter...imagine kicking 240 horse with a 2.0 I-4..now that's technology at it's best!

The WRX would be fun too...But I think you know the info so I'll stop it right there..As for the RSX and SVT..I'm bias and I think the SVT is always a great car to tune but the RSX I gotta say would be a better choice...

*FOCI tuners turn at Hitokiri and extort mean faces and shout...*
"HAVE YOU NO SHAME!!!"..."KILL THE TRAITOR!!"

But before you kill me let me explain myself...The RSX is 30 horses stronger then the SVT (stock) and you can't ignore the beyond 7000 redline...Plus I always loved the V-Tec or I mean i-VTEC...But what ever you choose it's all good, I mean it's not my car anyways right..

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts

Sup man.. Nice to have you back.. As Ax0n says.. "S2000 or SVT"

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

Plus it's only a 2.0 liter...imagine kicking 240 horse with a 2.0 I-4..now that's technology at it's best!
the SRT-4 is 215hp, 2.4L, and factory backed with warranty.
the WRX is 227hp, 2.0L and factory backed with warranty.
the EVO is 271hp, 2.0L and factory backed with warranty.

Ahh, the joys of forced induction.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts

Plus it's only a 2.0 liter...imagine kicking 240 horse with a 2.0 I-4..now that's technology at it's best!

Sorry to spoil your fun Demonfire but I ment naturally aspirated...Imagine a turbo on a 240 horsed naturally aspirated car...Can you say spank the rest of the cars you listed (horse power wise anyways...)

Turbos are fun but being naturally aspirated and still kicking 240 horses...now that's impressive!

·
Registered
3,821 Posts

Sorry to spoil your fun Demonfire but I ment naturally aspirated...Imagine a turbo on a 240 horsed naturally aspirated car...Can you say spank the rest of the cars you listed (horse power wise anyways...)

Turbos are fun but being naturally aspirated and still kicking 240 horses...now that's impressive!
i really don't see the difference there. power is power.

i'd recommend either the WRX, RSX, or SRT-4 (i know it's not on your list, but it's definitely worth looking into.) either way you're looking at a serious performer.

Nate

·
Registered
227 Posts

S2000, if you fit. Reliable, lots of mods available, and great so long as you like the high-revving style. After that I'd probably go with the WRX, though I'd be more wary of who you bought it from. If you're getting a fun car I'd definitely get RWD or AWD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I guess the easiest thing to do is to just drive all of them and see what fits my needs the best. I've had 2 zx3's already so the SVT just really appeals to me. I've always liked the WRX but I'd have to get a good used one to fit into my price range. I don't want to spend over 20K. And the S2000 would be too much to insure I bet.

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts

Welcome back to the Jet Wheels even though I don't know you.
Out of the list you posted here:

02 Subaru WRX Sedan
01 Honda S2000
02 Acura RSX Type-S
02+ VW Golf 1.8T
SVT Focus

For under $20K a new 2003 SVTF is the bargain of the lot even more so with the current cash back incentives offered from Ford on the car.Plus down the road you can mod it with increased power.

·
Registered
809 Posts

I don't think wrx's look good where's the 350z? The 350z looks so nice with the new carbon fiber wing from wings west

·
Registered
1,774 Posts

As much as I love my SVT, I'd stay away from a Focus because you've already had one (or 2).

Variety is the spice of life... get something different

·
Registered
39 Posts

Hmmm... I may be partial but get a WRX, trust me they are a fun car. Also they are an all season fun performance car. You would be happy, I am with my STi

Rick

·
Registered
12,749 Posts

WRX or S2000...
AWD or 50/50 weight ratio with 9K Redline!!!
I mean both of those cars offer something none of the other cars do.

I'd love to have an S2000 someday

·
I am Teds custom title. Not anything like the one
2,916 Posts

any of those except those honda's...and if the WRX..hit up the STI!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts