Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im confused......why does\'nt the FC tb fit my car???

I was going to buy the FCThrottle Body from STEEDA however the tech guy told me that they have yet to make one for 02 ATX ZX3. It's completely different setup then my buddies 02 ZX3. Someone explain please!!

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Re: Im confused......why does\'nt the FC tb fit my car???

The first FC TB's that came out were for the MTX only. Reason being, the throttle positioning sensor(TPS) is angled differently on the MTX and ATX. Here is the pic I took when I installed the MTX only TB on my ATX:

The screw holes for the TPS on the ATX are a few degrees to the left of the MTX screw holes. The result after I installed the MTX only TB was that my car idled too high. I borrowed it from a friend of mine and I only had it installed for a day just to see what it was like.
However, FC does make the TB with two sets of screw holes. One for the MTX crowd and one for the ATX crowd. So unless Steeda still has the old TB's, then they told you wrong. Order from New Edge or Modern Performance and make sure you tell them you have an ATX because there is also a bracket that you will need.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Hey thanks alot for the info!!!

·
Banned
410 Posts

Um, I have a MTX, but I thought that it had two options, how you screw on the TPS sensor...

this is my install
http://www.ghettoblasters.com/tomfiles/focus/2002-11/
Just pics, but there are 4 holes on the side.one set of ATX and one for MXT and mine is an 02 also... I dont know if that will help you.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts

Originally posted by myFordPerformance.com:
From the myFordFocus.com How-To Library Article at: http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/65mm.htm

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i wonder why there is a radical change in the tps location for the 02 ATX????

·
Registered
1,649 Posts

the very 1st gen TB was for MTX only, they soon thereafter made a revision w/ 2 sets of holes for TPS mounting... one for MTX & one for ATX

I have the one that was made just after they revised it to work w/ the ATX

·
Registered
69 Posts

is this why everyone before was having problems with idle-ing to high? Or is that a diffrent problem with the old design FC TB...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts