Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Look under the curve... UNDER THE CURVE!
3,134 Posts
Re: I\'m getting to ride with WRC Champ Petter Solberg!

I only wish they would do cool things like that closer to me, but then I remember that I'm in Ohio.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts

its a lot closer than SoCal...

·
Registered
798 Posts

I'm probably going to ride in the CTS-V and the CLK-DTM. I saw the website early and all the rides (including the Carrera GT) and all the autocross "race the editor" cars were open, but I procrastinated and most are full now.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts

that would be insane to get to ride in the Carrera GT, hopefully the drivers actually push the cars, and not baby them.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

I don't think I'll be able to go. I'm broke and also have a show that day at lincoln tech.

Jason

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts

The first 60 people to register per hour get a chance to ride in exotic cars with a professional driver.
So they put as many as 60 names in a hat and draw one for each session? Or did they say "chance" since everything is always "subject to change"? I don't think you could get 60 people strapped into a car and back out within an hour, never mind the time to take the lap.

edit: Maybe the sessions run loger than an hour? It's a 5/8ths mile oval so the lap can't take that long.

·
Registered
798 Posts

The first 60 people to register per hour get a chance to ride in exotic cars with a professional driver.
So they put as many as 60 names in a hat and draw one for each session? Or did they say "chance" since everything is always "subject to change"? I don't think you could get 60 people strapped into a car and back out within an hour, never mind the time to take the lap.

edit: Maybe the sessions run loger than an hour? It's a 5/8ths mile oval so the lap can't take that long.
I couldn't imagine they'd charge everyone $10 for a "chance" to ride in the car.
I'll be pissed if it is the case though.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

They are using the definition of the word "chance" to mean "opportunity"... as in, an opportunity to ride in such and such car.

It's not a raffle, because some of the spots are filled. If it were a raffle they'd keep it open to pull in as many tickets as they could.

·
Registered
715 Posts

DAMN, DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!!!!!!!!

It really SUX 2 be me right now all because I'm here in the middle of the pacific while some of you get to ride along with Petter Solberg

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

[censored]! Why's all the cool stuff gotta happen the weekend I'm gone? Oh well, guess I'll just have to enjoy myself getting drunk and floating down a river with a bunch of my friends.

·
Dyno Queen
7,859 Posts

Damn, I knew I should have signed up earlier. The only car I was interested in the ride along in is the CGT..... I may still go, we'll see.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts

daaaamnnnn youuuuu!!!

·
Registered
10,752 Posts

Not sure if anybody has noticed while browsing that website for C&D but some of my video's are on there. They ummm "took" (cough cough stole) some of my autocross video's from our local website and put them in their promotional video here:

http://www.precisionracing.org/multimedia.php

If you wait for the video at the bottom to load and watch it you'll see some video of a camera attached to the side of a white MINI (ME!) along with the same camera attached to National Solo2 SCCA Champion Kiko Siebts Blue Subaru WRX STI (RIP to that car).

Here are where the video's originate from:

http://autox.carlc.com/video/vid_0704.html

Currently planning on sending them a little E-mail to see if i can be compensated for their "illegal" use of my video's....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts