Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I\'m new paleeezzzzz help

It has been a week since i picked up my focus se 2.0spi.
Every morning my belt just squeels away! It has 53,000 on it and if I spray belt dressing on it or wd40 it goes right away! Next morning all over again
This is getting very annoying! WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK IT IS???? Please help. You all seem like experts so i thought id turn to you!

Thank you all so much!

·
Banned
6,369 Posts
Re: I\'m new paleeezzzzz help

You sprayed WD40 on your belt!!!

It has to be tight, spraying lubricant on it is defeating the purpose, you'll prolly need a new belt.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts

You sprayed WD40 on your belt!!!

Im live in dearborn, about a half hour from you if you need help with the belt replacement, its pretty damn straight forward

PM me if you need help replacing it, itll only take a few minutes

·
Registered
11,255 Posts

Given the mileage, I would also replace the belt tensioner.

I know a bunch of us who are higher in mileage have gone through both belts and belt tensioners. Since you're taking off the belt, you might as well just spend the money and get it replaced too.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts

Given the mileage, I would also replace the belt tensioner

·
Registered
29 Posts

is there a how-to online somewhere to change this belt? I have to put a new one on too. But i didnt spray mine with wd40.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts

is there a how-to online somewhere to change this belt? I have to put a new one on too. But i didnt spray mine with wd40.
I know the FocusHacks.com website has a removal of the accesssory drive pulley, and in that set of instructions should have something on removing the belt. But I believe those instructions were for a Zetec engine.

You can also go out and buy a good shop manual, like a Haynes manual or Chilton. I know they only have the 2000 and 2001 manuals out. For 2002 to 2004, I haven't seen much...and there aren't many significant changes to the vehicle in that time.

Just a thought

·
No Indians, only Zuul.
1,119 Posts

i dont want to come across as a prick but wd40 isnt a lub the wd stands for water displacer all it douse it makes it so water wont settle on the item sprayed on.

·
Registered
167 Posts

i dont want to come across as a prick but wd40 isnt a lub the wd stands for water displacer all it douse it makes it so water wont settle on the item sprayed on.
Technically yes..and NO

Perhaps that's why WD-40 is the multi-purpose lubricant of choice by professionals around the world

And back on topic... Squealing belts = Loose belts
try replacing it first (its cheap and probably glazed like a krispy kreme by now ), but take note of how much pressure/slack the tensioner takes up when pulling the old one off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts