Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
David Anderson
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at my contract for my focus i bought, and i paid MORE than sticker for this car. I signed papers after being up 24+ hours and didnt even think to look at this. $21010.50 is what I paid, $2500 down, and leaves a balance of $18510.50, add in warranty, ttl, and gap and other small fees. Comes up to 20933.34 Is there anything I can about this, I bought it 5-10-05. Right at 2months have passed since. Im going to stay up till 8:00 and call the stealership and ask a few questions. Can anyone add some legit fuel to this fire, or did I get hosed without even looking. It seems I paid a little over $1,000 more than sticker on my 05 st with sunroof as only option.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
You are stuck, and just add up the loss to a learning lesson. In some states, you have 3 days when signing a contract to cancel it out. Go back and see what you did wrong and make sure you don't do it again.

Calling the dealership will only make you mad. There is nothing they can or will do for you, you are the one that accepted the terms.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Contract is generally not with the dealership for the loan anyway. They are only acting as an agent for the loan giver.
I figure they most the dealership could do is throw some free oil changes your way.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
dont feel too bad. I bought my LX right when the Focus hit the dealerships. I paid 14k for it and the next damn year they were selling them for 9k.

oh well.

·
Ho, ho, ho... Green Giant
4,287 Posts
r u sure that's not just because of the tax, licensse, and registration fees? that can be about an additional 10% tacked on.

Mike

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
good god hope u like the car i would never pay that much for a focus

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
Which is why you ALWAYS walk in with a Kelly Blue Book Value (wholesale value) and look for weekend sales or end of month sales. I walked in THE LAST DAY in the month to buy a car. The car was stickered at 13500, I ended up paying 8900 for the car. With 1500 down, and a extended warrenty everything came to almost 10k. My payments are about 150 a month. Usually though I put anywhere between 350-500 a month, I've never let a car loan go over 3 years though.
Just chalk it up to learning and pay it off as quickly as you can.
get some rest
-bix

·
Registered
715 Posts
Hey Dave...

Don't feel bad about paying that much for your ST. I paid a little over $22K for my ZTS here on Maui and my ZTS is a friggin autotragic and my good friend Dane (mauibuilt7474) paid almost $25K brand new for his SVTF (which he doesn't have anymore due to owning a '05 Evo VIII RS).

Everyday I feel like a true sucker for not reading the "terms and conditions" to the contract for the ZTS. For now all you can really do is accept the T&C and try to make extra payments on your ST to bring down the balance/interest.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
buy cars right before they have to pay the taxes on inventory. That usually nets you a better deal.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
see if you can remove the gap insurance. that'll lower the price some.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
i payed 9600 for my focus new the 3rd one they sold ever in i think 3/13/00 it may have later but close to that day

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
see if you can remove the gap insurance. that'll lower the price some.
But dude God forbid he is in an accident with this thing now! That would leave him almost a 10k lone on a car that was totaled out and paid “book value” by the insurance company. You have the 40% drop in value PLUS the extra money ha paid for it.

Honestly if he had to use that “gap” insurance right now that would almost be a good thing…

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
NO!

Don't get rid of gap, you're so flipped in this car that if you are ever in an accident, you'll be up the creek without a paddle, boat, lifejacket or even the speedo!

You got hosed. It gets no more complicated than that, the only thing you can do it learn from it, NEVER buy from them again and do your research before buying next time.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Only get rid of the gap insurance if you can carry it through your insurance company.
I paid $600 for the 60 months through my loan with gap, but dropped it once I found out I could carry it for 12 a YEAR through my insurance company, that's %10 of the price i WAS paying for it!

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Your insurance company will usually only let you get it within a certain period of time from the date of vehicle purchase, so if you want to see if the gap ins is cheaper through them then do it quick.

but good god don't drop the gap insurance to save money... that's ridiculous. i am so glad nothing happened to my Focus while I was so upside-down on the loan. at one point the car was worth like $5,000 less than what I owed on it!

·
Not A Texan!
420 Posts
I think more people have "hosed" stories than you think Mr. Anderson. I was dumb and bought a Auto ZX3 in Hawaii for over 20,000. It was a 2003 that I bought in November of 2003, so I didn't even have the latest model year when i bought it. Then there's the interest I'm paying since my credit was bad. I tried to convince the wife that a manual would be better and less expensive, but she refused to learn... and now the car is mine and she has a 04 Sentra with an auto.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Im looking at my contract for my focus i bought, and i paid MORE than sticker for this car. I signed papers after being up 24+ hours and didnt even think to look at this. $21010.50 is what I paid, $2500 down, and leaves a balance of $18510.50, add in warranty, ttl, and gap and other small fees. Comes up to 20933.34 Is there anything I can about this, I bought it 5-10-05. Right at 2months have passed since. Im going to stay up till 8:00 and call the stealership and ask a few questions. Can anyone add some legit fuel to this fire, or did I get hosed without even looking. It seems I paid a little over $1,000 more than sticker on my 05 st with sunroof as only option.

I may be missing something, but those figures are only $77.16 off. Not $1000

1 - 19 of 19 Posts