Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
50 miles into a 200 mile round trip my air conditioning dies and the car develops a loose metal rattling sound from the accessory belt area. Dead compressor at 7000 miles? I hardly ever use my a/c.

In she went on Saturday and waiting for dealer call tomorrow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, got the car back on Monday evening. They ended up replacing the compressor coil, pulley, clutch and a bunch of rubber parts that were cooked. Something was also mentioned about resetting a gap. Great service on this one from my local dealer.

Now here lies the strange part. I reloaded the factory tune before I took the car out, but when I got it back it doesn't feel like the a/c is really dragging on the motor as much anymore. The car pulls away from a full stop with a/c on without too much problem, just a slight bog. Will try loading Hypnotics tune again tonight and see how much difference that makes.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
my ac sounds like its clicking on and off, did yours do that or did it just die?

·
Registered
686 Posts
any news on loading wayne's tune back in helped or not? cause maybe it might not be a tune issue, it could be the parts you recived might be updated or better parts than originally, so if so i'd like to know so i can replace them too.

Well, got the car back on Monday evening. They ended up replacing the compressor coil, pulley, clutch and a bunch of rubber parts that were cooked. Something was also mentioned about resetting a gap. Great service on this one from my local dealer.

Now here lies the strange part. I reloaded the factory tune before I took the car out, but when I got it back it doesn't feel like the a/c is really dragging on the motor as much anymore. The car pulls away from a full stop with a/c on without too much problem, just a slight bog. Will try loading Hypnotics tune again tonight and see how much difference that makes.

·
Registered
686 Posts
any news on loading wayne's tune back in helped or not? cause maybe it might not be a tune issue, it could be the parts you recived might be updated or better parts than originally, so if so i'd like to know so i can replace them too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts