Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you guys follow Initial D the anime series, they're going to be releasing a live-action movie I believe sometime this fall over in Japan, according to my good Japanese friend who lives over here in SC. Here's a link to the trailer, which looks really cool. Seems to me it's going to be a lot of car drifting and stunts performed by talented drivers, and not just CG trickery.

Initial D movie trailer

I hope this is right in posting here, and not Off-Topic since it's automotive related. (I did see another thread in this forum about a car-related movie preview..)

If this is a repost as well, kick me in the arse.

·
Registered
715 Posts
This film is gonna be in Chinese?!?!?!?!?

The weird thing about it is, not one of the actors are of Japanese descent (expect for the chick). Weird how they'll make this movie without a single "Japanese Star Drifter" in it. Oh well it has to be seen to believed.

·
Banned
926 Posts
Thats mostly because the Japanese Film industry sucks compared to Chinas.

·
I have a golden finger
1,834 Posts
come here so i can kick your arse...i've brought it up on more than one occasion...

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I think somebody posted the trailer for this a long time ago, but im not going to complain because I lost the link to the site for it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I am so ready for this. I have been watching this series now for about 4 almost 5 years now. I am going to have to find this when it comes out. Any idea who Takumi is going to be taking on? Is it going to follow the series or start a new chapter?

·
Registered
72 Posts
well, it actually came out a few weeks ago, and i just watched it on my friend's computer two days ago. the plot is a little different than the actual series and kinda mediocre in my sense, but it's centered on racing, not acting.

...and yes. the racing scenes are absolutely awesome.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I wonder if Brian Spilner is going to be Drift King Super Touge yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111132894u43wrewrtiy fds,hgfdsgkh

·
Registered
610 Posts
Just going by the trailer it looks like he's going up against the skyline, the EVO III, and the white RX7. Can't say I care much for the trailer music or the character looks, but seeing those cars doing that stuff live is awesome.

FYI, episodes 15 & 16 of fourth stage are out on bittorrent but only 15 is subbed in english. 16 should come out in another couple of days.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
As long as the movie isn't too corny and the girl is hot, I'm there.

*prays*

Please God, no corny English dubs!!!

·
Banned
926 Posts
The only characters that look like they should look like is Bunta and Iggy.

But damn that racing looks badass!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ludacris makes a cameo in this one, right??

·
Not so Photo Master
6,625 Posts
bump for the search impared ;P

1 - 20 of 20 Posts