Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a nitrous system and want to test out bigger in jectors because I do not see much of a gain with the nitrous. But I need to know the stock injector size for the focus SVT.

Or just the regular Focus..

Are the sizes different?

·
Registered
406 Posts
You should try to get a hold of Nazthug, he knows alot about the injectors as do a bunch of other guys. I want to say that they are 16 or 19lbs I can't remember which though.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Originally posted by Focusonmytaillights:
You should try to get a hold of Nazthug, he knows alot about the injectors as do a bunch of other guys. I want to say that they are 16 or 19lbs I can't remember which though.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
the size of stock injectors is such a big arguement.

·
Registered
210 Posts
What type and brand of nitrous system do you have. I am assuming it's a dry kit since you are concerned about injector size. My zx3 automatic picks up almost 2 seconds with nitrous so if you don't see much difference then something is definitely wrong.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I thought the SVT also ran 19 lb injectors. *shrug* Also what kind of nitrous shot are you running? Wet/Dry and how much of a shot? 50 or more?

Jamie

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am running an eddlebrock nitrous system. The nitrous system is a 50 shot and it has a size 33 jet for it.

Although the system is intended for a Ford Focus ZX3 not for the SVT. So like we think it would do better with bigger injectors and a bigger jetting. But we can't get a bigger jetting until we figure out what fuel injector size we have.

And yes it is a dry kit

·
Registered
591 Posts
Originally posted by TabascoH1:
I am running an eddlebrock nitrous system. The nitrous system is a 50 shot and it has a size 33 jet for it.

Although the system is intended for a Ford Focus ZX3 not for the SVT. So like we think it would do better with bigger injectors and a bigger jetting. But we can't get a bigger jetting until we figure out what fuel injector size we have.

And yes it is a dry kit
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hmm i dont think bigger injectors is your problem........... i think its your nitrous system that is. elderbrock hm i dunno first off dry = no good especially for the focus i think mabey you dont have good bottle presuer or mabey the place your filling up at is ripping you oofff and not filling it right....... try changeing where you fill up at and purchase a bottle heater

1 - 8 of 8 Posts