Ford Focus Forum banner

101 - 103 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
I'm almost totally fine with my fully-updated November 2011-built Focus with PowerShift. My only real beef is with the manual mode shifting on its own sometimes at odd times. In D and S mode, it's fine. It can be slightly jerky in stop-and-go driving, but it just feels a bit like a manual, which is fine by me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
dual clutch problems 2012-2013 focus.

If you haven't already, you can read hundreds of posts about this at
www.focusfanatics.com by doing a forum search for the word transmission.

More data is available at
http://www.lemonlaw.com/wordpress/ford-focus-transmission-problem/

In addition you can goto the facebook ford focus page and see people there being helped by Ford rep meagan to get their cases escalated. The reps seem to change every 2-3 months but she is on duty as of june 2013

Be aware that the dealers have a memo telling them that most problems are "normal" with the DCT but in truth, only a mild shudder on low speed shifts is "normal". Ask any VW GTI or Audi owner, this company has been building them for many years.

In addition this tranny is now used in many brands of car all the way to Ferrari.

On my 2012 focus, the problems disappeared at 13,000 miles. Ask yourself, if all the problems are "normal" how could they disappear ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I drove Fords years ago . Do not currently own one .

We were used car shopping in June 2017 & looked at the Fords . Then ran across a little information on the Power Shift problems . Seems like leaky input shaft seals and replacement clutch assemblies are / were among the problems . And multiple software updates . There are videos of these repairs on youtube .

I tried asking if the Ford ever developed a " real fix " for these issues ? Never got any real answers .

I would still like to know .

Thanks , :)
Wyr
God bless

101 - 103 of 103 Posts