Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was debating getting a new suspension set-up, and was wondering what would be the best for an enthusiast like me that will only see a Track event once a year, uses the car on a daily commute (to work - to babysitter - to home),and occasionally on the weekends participate in some canyon carving (Angeles Crest is only 4 min. away!). I don't see myself fiddling frequently with ride heights and shock settings so coilovers are a maybe.
I was looking at maybe a full eibach pro-kit plus(everything springs to swaybars) or maybe something stiffer like H&R race springs and Koni adjustables?
What would suit my needs better?
Are the eibachs to soft, or will the bars help increase their spring rates and still remain compliant enough to keep the baby a sleep while in the car?
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
H&R Coilovers.... nuff said! Set it for your daily needs, and fiddle only with on track days!

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Apex. Set and forget. Perfect drop, perfect handling.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Apex. Set and forget. Perfect drop, perfect handling.
AND a Nice Price.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you guys taking about the Apex Sport kit that sells for $450.00? What is the spring rate on these?
I have no clue on my KW Kit.
Any other Items that would compliment this set-up?...
swaybars,bushings,daily driver tires?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Yes, that's the kit. I've forgotten... Someone else can post the EXACT Rates. Maybe a Progress Rear Bar, Prothane Endlinks in the Rear, and Front Control-Arm Bushings....
That should be Crisp but Versatile.

·
Registered
723 Posts
i believe p-51 did a few calculations and figured they were about 150F/200R, give or take a little. i currently have the apex kit and a progress rear bar and it seems to be a pretty cheap and effective autoX/track combo.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Yes, I measured the rates geometrically, and it is not perfectly accurate, but I think the rates are around 150 front, 200 rear. I've been within 10% on previous measurements, so it's in the ballpark.

I would suggest either trying stock bars with it, or maybe the progress. I'm running the Eibach rear, but you have to be experienced because in the rain it's like the rear end is on casters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts