Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody !!!

I have a Focus sport cool-flo. But , i dont know how to install it !

Someone have pics from a FS cool-flo installed in your car ???

Thanks in advance !!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
rip out old put in new literally.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Yah pretty straightforward... pull out the old airbox ... bolt down the heat shield... attach the filter to the MAFS with the lil extention tube. You're all set!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts

Its pretty easy.Ive installed about 6 of them and this is the easiest way Ive found to do it.

1)Remove the clamp from thats holding the MAFS to the intake tube going to the TB not the part thats connecting to the stock air box.

2)Now yank the entire air box out of its place. Its not held on with any screws so forcefully pull it out of its holes. Its in there pretty good so dont be scared if it feels like your pulling to hard. For better grip on the box remove the little resonator on the side of the intake. Then the box should come out.

3)Unscrew the 3-bolts that were under the air intake box.

4) Remove the MAFS from the stock air box and bolt it nice and tight to the FS heat shield.

5) Mount the heat shiled down to the holes where you removed the 3 screws and then screw it back in with the same stock screws. Makre sure its nice and TIGHT!

6) Tighten the clamp of the MAFS to the intake tube side nice and tight then attach the supplied FS coupler to the other side of the MAFS and attached the filter with the clamp nice and tight. Install the included black trim and give all the screws one last torquing to ensure there all tight. Done.-Enjoy!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ! I see now !

I exchange my stock airbox to obtain my FS cool-flo...

I keep the MAF but , not the "mount" ( the piece who hold the MAF... between the intake tube and the air box ) I have just the intake tube..... So, i can't install the MAF !!!

I have to go search one at my dealer !!!

Thanks guys for yours quick respond !!!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Oh ! I see now !

I exchange my stock airbox to obtain my FS cool-flo...

I keep the MAF but , not the "mount" ( the piece who hold the MAF... between the intake tube and the air box ) I have just the intake tube..... So, i can't install the MAF !!!

I have to go search one at my dealer !!!

Thanks guys for yours quick respond !!!
no no...you do not need anything special you just put the stock mafs on the heat shiled and stock intake tube. then clamp it down with the stock clamp..then the other side you connect the filter to the end of the MAFS with a little blue coupler it came with and the clamp it down. So all you need is the stock intake tube your ok.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Uhm... NO. I think he means that he remove the Mafs from it's housing, and sent it along with his stock air box.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly !!!!

I curently have a AEM CAI..... So , i just need the MAF....

Thanks guy !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts