Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JBA shorty header, FC Cat, FC Flex, HKS flex-back Exhaust.

What would the difficulty rating for install the header be? I've worked on my car a few times, changing oil, fixing a flat...that easy sorta thing but I really don't want to spend 150 bux to get my exhaust sytem installed, I have a friend whose dad is a mechanic, he could help, but in case he can't, whats the degree of difficulty in changing a header. We have a lift we can use so thats not a problem.

I've got full directions so i figure if i follow them to a T, i should be fine right? Any problems i could encure that i should know about now before i get started? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
without a lift of jack stands it will suck i've done the head and highflow cat in the driveway.. its fairly easy if you have the patience and the equipment.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
For that shorty your going to want a nice rachet set....

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
The JBA is going to be the hardest part only cause some of the bolts are a PITA, the rest is a breeze. On a scale of 1 - 10 with 1 being easy. I would rate it all about a 3. Good luck. A good set of crows foot wrenches will make getting the cat off easier but not necessary and a set of ratcheting wrenches will help with the header, but it can all be done with regular hand tools with time and patience.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Some of those bolts on the JBA are hard to get to and you can only move them a little bit. Still, it's a straightforward installation. Just be sure to retorque the fasteners after a full heat/cool cycle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts