Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get an estimate on how long it would take to install </font>
  1. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">race header</font>
  2. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">udp</font>
  3. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">crower cams</font>
  4. <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">cam gears</font>
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I am wanting to know about how much shop time I would be looking at and what my install charges would be. Any info would be appreciated.

Drew

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
2-3 hours max. Make sure you get the cams dialed in with a nice dyno session.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
2-3 hours max IF you're w/ someone who has done it before as well as had the correct tools

[ 01-26-2003, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: TooleBox ]

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'd say your looking around 5 hours, took me - hours for cams and cam gears, header should run (depending on ease of EGR removal) 1-1.5 hours

·
Registered
170 Posts
Drew just check with the local shops,all going by the book.Specific works in the car charged specific labor hours,no matter how long it gonna take the mechanic.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Since a SR20 Sentra motor is similar (inline four, transversly mounted DOHC) Our shop would charge: (from the flat-rate time guide)

Header Install - 2.0 hours
UDP - .8 hours
Cams and gears (total) 6.0 hours

8.8 hours total, a good mom+pop shop might charge 6

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone is from WV or close to it and would like to make some money helping with installation, pm me.

Drew

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Originally posted by Drew:
If anyone is from WV or close to it and would like to make some money helping with installation, pm me.

Drew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL! How did I know that would be coming???

Seriously... none of that should be too difficult on your own. It more than likely will take you 8 hours to do on your own... but a.) you get the satisfaction of knowing you've done a job well. b.) you save a grip of cash and c.) nobody to blame but yo'self when it gets all screwed up!

Find a buddy and go to work! Me and my boy with the GSR always work on each other's cars together!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts