Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People who've done these upgrades - what are the labor costs involved????
One other thing - The Phantom Grip LSD or as others like to call it - "80% of Quiafe for 1/3 of the price
." Have someone installed it on our GETRAG "TRANSAXLE"? How hard is it????

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
People who've done these upgrades - what are the labor costs involved????
One other thing - The Phantom Grip LSD or as others like to call it - "80% of Quiafe for 1/3 of the price
." Have someone installed it on our GETRAG "TRANSAXLE"? How hard is it????
80% of the quaife??? Personally I have never read a bad review of the Phantom, I've also never read a good review. I think it's one of those still unknowns, but I can't see it comparing to a Quaife in quality and longevity. However I cannot comment on functionality. But I can't see leaving my torque biasing differential to a set of springs as the phantom does. But that could be just me.

Quick Visual Comparison:

Phantom LSD:

Quaife LSD:

80% seems a bit over kill... how about 20%???

OH sorry about that, I never answered your original question. My Quaify and Flywheel was 950.00, but that included H&R Coilover installs as well as my UDP. So I think about 650-700 was the quaife/flywheel install.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Well I just had my flywheel and clutch replaced as well as some other things. The clutch I was quoted at $700 with labor, they found the flywheel while doing the job and I am not sure what it came out to, but I think at least $400. Thankfully warranty covered it all, because overall it was a $1700 repair bill.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Basically b/c ours suck
I agree and disagree

I agree because if you want to make power down the road, you should upgrade the cltch, flywheel and an lsd won't hurt. That's the point that he's making. It improves the overall driving experience of the car.

I disagree, because, the stock clutch is fine if you keep the car stock and drive it hard only on occation.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Bringing this one back. Is there anything extra I need to buy for the Quiafe install. Some one mentioned a shim kit, what is that, and do I need to have it for the guy to install the Quiafe?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
You might want to PM Belacryf ( if he doesn't post in the next few days), cause he's had this installed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts