Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok the install went very smooth but even after a battery reset my check engine light comes on any reasons? will this go away? BTW i had to set my car to idle at like 950-1k just so the damn T/B wouldn't stick

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
o left this out um wu know that part that u have to screw in the plug thingy that u then plug a plug into on the side of the T/B? well when i first put the black piece on to screw i turned it a little and a tiny super small metal pice fell off i'm talking small. Could my car not recognize the T/B? It was attached to plastic but has a little metal end. Hmm ya i'm worried though seriously

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
dont adjust your idle screw...yeash....you CANNOT adjust your or 'set' your idle at a given point, the ecu will only compensate (if it can, you set it at 4k, of course it wont work) and bring it back down to factory.

you fubar your TPS?

-Ult

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o i had to use something on the gasket? oops i just screwed the Gasket on
. Hmm but when u adjusted the screw it made the pedal alot nicer to press. It feels so sticky like i cna't ease into the gas it's really hard. Is this cause the T/B is new and juts needs breaking in?

·
Registered
763 Posts
If it is sticking thats not normal, its new, the only thing I can think is that u put the tps in the wrong spot Id take it out asap and check I put it in the wrong spot at first cause it was a crappie picture on the directions.(I thought).

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
naw man originially i put is on the 02 ATX one but i saw that and switched it to the 00-02 MTX so thats set on there ok. It's like still a little wierd though wasi supposed to seal the gasket with silicone?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i got my dierections from myzx3.com =\. So with the TPS fuxed up whats my car going through right now?

·
Registered
763 Posts
I was getting backfire from the maifold so I just put the old t/b back on it was fine except for the cel I got a new tps put it on reset the ecu twaz all good...if you have backfire or its running bad Id do that...if it runs fine and u just have a cel light try to reset the ecu or just get a new tps u know how censors are..consider putting the old t/b back on to test the tps.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what do u mean by backfire? What i'm going to do it go get some gasket sealant and seal the gasket my dad looked at the little metal pice i broke off of the long plastic thing on the tb that the tps screws onto and doesn't see anything wrong. So my 1st step is to well get diognostics ran on my car from Autozone and if it's an air leak i'll seal the gasket. After that my next step will be to put back on the stock T/B to see if it's a tps problem. If it comes down to me needing a new 65mm T/B i'm gunna just port my stock T/B and go on my way.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol no i have no backfire just a little louder sucking sound. Also it hums on idle (a sign that there is probably a leak)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey what does the Throttle Postion Sensor (TPS) actually do?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what it's called doesn't really help me i mean what does it do and how would i know it was broken would my car be back fireing like p_town said?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
o i had to use something on the gasket? oops i just screwed the Gasket on
. Hmm but when u adjusted the screw it made the pedal alot nicer to press. It feels so sticky like i cna't ease into the gas it's really hard. Is this cause the T/B is new and juts needs breaking in?
No you dont have to put any silcone on the gasket..I put mine on as it came and it ran perfect..well after I got it working right...the sticking problem is usually the idle screw..move it little by little..you want to push the plate back a little little bit each time..after each time take it for a spin and look for rising RPM's or sticking throttle..once you find the magic spot its a sigh of relief..then put a locking nut and screw on the idle screw so it would move!!as for the CEL..souds like a leak, bad TPS, or you plugged the TPS into the wrong holes.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i have no leak and my TPS is in the write holes. What problems will my car face if something is wrong with the TPS it's self?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
well the problem was error code P0122 which mean bad connection to socket A of the TPS. That little tiny meatl piece i broke off was on the 65mm t/b it's self it's what gave connection to socket A of the TPS. So i put my stock t/b back on no CEL everything is cool. I'm talkign to myfordperformence right now trying to work out some deal maybe i can just exchange this for a new one.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.