Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys despite the weather i finally got around to installing my cams and cam gears THE INSTALL WAS SUPER EASY took me about 3-7 minutes total includeing popong the hood and closing it back up!

here are some pics i took hope you enjoy

i can really feel the power diffrence it feels like a twin charged supra!

I CANT BELIEVE ALL YOU GUYS WERE SYAING THE INSTALL IS TOUGH! PFFFT TOOK ME LIKE 2 MINUTES!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
funny....no not really...good thing it was a joke

that must be the new DOHVCC

[ 11-09-2002, 04:43 PM: Message edited by: KicknZX3 ]

·
Registered
799 Posts
Artin, wowww thats a real fast install for cams!! are these the crane stage 1s or stage 2s? Was it a complete bolt-on, and did you need to adjust the valve clearance, like install new tappets? Hows the power off the line...did you lose any low-end torque, or high-end power? are you gonna get it dyno'd?

Chris

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did i wah wha wha wah?

wait wait did i who

I JUST POPED THE HOOD PUT THESE SUCKSERS IN PLACE LIKE YOU SAW IN THE PIC SLOSED THE HOOD AND VUWALA

FINISHED
DID I MISS SOMETHING?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You are a funny guy Artin.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
i think your lash clearence is a bit off, and i dont think they are gona clear....YOUR HOOD

Damn those are some aggresive cams man, whats the lift? .387 ............ FEET?

[ 11-09-2002, 06:21 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by nazthug:
i think your lash clearence is a bit off, and i dont think they are gona clear....YOUR HOOD

Damn those are some aggresive cams man, whats the lift? .387 ............ FEET?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

something like that

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by artin:
mike (kinakoba) and mabey some help from turbo joe morgan!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">dont let turbo joe morgan touch your focus..damn you swear like he owns a 9 sec focus...ohh waiitt he doess!!
carry on then

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
just got back from seeing the install..here is one more pic that I took of Artin..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ummm, what did U actually install in 2 minutes? The cams, or the CAM GEARS? Coz I got to thinking, how could you take the valve cover off, remove the valves and springs, the timing belt, etc, and put it all back together, including prepping the cylinder head and valve cover for the new gasket, and making sure everything was retorqued to specs, all in about 2 minutes...?

Just my .02

·
Registered
883 Posts
Originally posted by Drivesthebeast:
Ummm, what did U actually install in 2 minutes? The cams, or the CAM GEARS? Coz I got to thinking, how could you take the valve cover off, remove the valves and springs, the timing belt, etc, and put it all back together, including prepping the cylinder head and valve cover for the new gasket, and making sure everything was retorqued to specs, all in about 2 minutes...?

Just my .02
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uh, read the above messages a little more close and you might find your answer.......

[ 11-10-2002, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: SilverBulletZTS ]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts