Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original idea for this came from browsing BMW forums. A small touch of the exterior paint inside can often do wonders, so I took that as inspiration to do the same to my Focus. I decided to use the front doors' trim since it was small and easy to remove.

In order to test the idea first though, the trim was originally wrapped in yellow vinyl and reinstalled for a while, so that I could see how I liked it.

Deciding that I wanted to keep it, I unwrapped the pieces and dropped them off for a proper coat of Yellow Blaze. Soon after they were back and reinstalled in the Focus.

It was an easy way to brighten up the interior a little and I'm pleased with how it turned out.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
That is nice. I am not sure it would work with all colors, however. I think that high contrast colors like your blaze yellow will work well, but darker colors probably won't. Either way, very nicely done for you. Have you considered doing the door pulls?

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is nice. I am not sure it would work with all colors, however. I think that high contrast colors like your blaze yellow will work well, but darker colors probably won't. Either way, very nicely done for you. Have you considered doing the door pulls?
Thanks! The handles will stay as they are. I think that'd be too much yellow on the doors.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I feel like something on the dash has to be done also. It personally feels out of place. It looks good but it almost seems like an after thought. Just my opinion. But the car looks good. Oh and the rear doors? Are they getting done also?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I feel like something on the dash has to be done also. It personally feels out of place. It looks good but it almost seems like an after thought. Just my opinion. But the car looks good. Oh and the rear doors? Are they getting done also?
I'm still debating where to possibly put a touch more yellow to tie it in.

The rear doors can't be done though, as they don't have trim like the front doors do.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
The only other piece I'd do would be the shift boot bezel. Other than that its a nice subtle touch. Don't over do it.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I've been thinking about doing the trim around the climate controls and center vents. But I agree, there is a line where it becomes too much and just looks gaudy.

My car is White Platinum Metallic Tricoat with black leather interior. And the color Ford chose to use in some of the interior pieces are used NOWHERE else on the car. It just seems a color out of place. Piano Black would work too, as it's the color of the radio.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think White Platinum would work well. It'd be like the OEM white accents but with a twist.

Piano black is nice too and would tie in to a lot of other accents. I believe the Focus Electric will have PB trim. I worry about scratches though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
plan on doing this to my focus, but with oxford white trim in the doors and around the shift know area

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
plan on doing this to my focus, but with oxford white trim in the doors and around the shift know area
That should look good, please share some photos when it's done! I'm glad to see a few more Focuses having this done.

·
I'm a Neanderthal
625 Posts
I'm glad you're not doing more. It looks phenomenal as is. If you start painting a bunch of stuff on the dash it will look ricey. As you've done it it looks nice and Euro.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm glad you're not doing more. It looks phenomenal as is. If you start painting a bunch of stuff on the dash it will look ricey. As you've done it it looks nice and Euro.
Thanks! More would be too much.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hmmm.... This has got me thinking. If I did it though I would have to do all of the silver trim(none of the aluminum stuff though). Fortunately I have the dark metallic grey and it would work to do all of it. A nice hight gloss finish as well. A true CF wrap would be nice as well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts