Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the Random Tech Cat this weekend, and Bosal Flex pipe everything runs, no leaks. During hard take offs-on deceleration the car starts to bog, like it is going to stall. Press down on the gas couple of times picks back up.
1-Yes i had the negative terminal unplugged the whole time.
2- Problem did not exist until CAt was installed
3- Nothing else changed electrically or otherwise.
4- During normal round town driving this is not evident.
5-EGR system in tact.
Please help where can I start? What do I do?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
just installed 1 myself, didnt have this prob, give it a couple days 2 c if it clears up lettin the ecu learn the setup.

-Ult

·
Registered
542 Posts
What type of gasket did you use between the cat pipe and the header? I used a graphite gasket supplied by mcnews when these parts first came out but something wasn't right. What happened was that the gasket got brittle from the heat and cracked in turn some of the pieces fell down into the cat itself. When I removed the cat the gasket pieces were sitting flat on top of the honeycomb mesh of the actual converter which interrupted the exhaust flow causing a similar problem to what you described.

My opinion is to remove the cat and check the gasket.

Let us know if that is the problem.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yhea, jeff and i worked out our differences in old "FOCALJET" fashion. WE SHOT EACH OTHER! Just jokin. Anything can be worked out I said some things he said some things, friends do that ever once in a while! We worked it out and we feel that its better to let things in the past go and move on.

Sorry, ULT i know you enjoyed it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts