Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my FC 65mm TB installed this morning. I have screwed around with the idle screw to try and get it right, but no matter what I do, the gas pedal is very hard
. I never stall my car, but since I have installed the TB, I have twice stalled, and over a dozen times almost stalled it. No matter what I do or try, the pedal is very hard. It revs really high, once I do push it down, and I feel like an ass, cause when I am at a red light, it sounds like I am giving it way too much gas when letting off the clutch. But if I try to lightly push the gas and let off the clutch, it damn near stalls, until I push harder, that's when it revs real high. Does anybody know what the problem is? Does anybody know how I can solve this problem? I have a 2000 ZX3 Manual.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Check and make sure the butterfly is not sticking inside the tb walls. I had the same thing happen on a tb (BBK) on my old truck. Never found out what it was, felt like the springs on the tb were extra tight or something. Good luck.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Maybe check your throttle cable to see if its not getting stuck on anything.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it is not sticking inside the tb walls. And I tried some spray lube, and that didn't do the trick. Upon inspecting it, I noticed that it seemed to be some slack on the throttle cable and the spring does seem pretty tight, almost too tight, but I don't think there is a way to loosen it. Is there any way to tighten the throttle cable? Anything else I should check for?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts