Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GReddy doesn't make a wiring harness for the focus so I have to hard-wire in the unit. It should be pretty easy to do, but I just need to know which wires on the ignition harness I need to splice into for the turbo timer. if anyone has any ideas please help, thanks!

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
pm tekin112 he has one in his car

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I've installed on in a mazda miata.

It's not very hard to do at all. Use T-taps, or solder the connections.

Needed are 12v, 12v switched, ground, ignition, rpm, that's it I believe. The instructions have detailed instructions about the color of the wire.

Don't short out the ignition wire. This will blow the relay, and leave you stranded. at least this happened to my friend.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pm tekin112 he has one in his car
apparently he doesn't have one.

I already know what voltage wires I need to find, I was just hoping someone would have done this before so I wouldn't have to bust out the voltmeter. Oh well, guess I'll get to work now.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
or maybe he didnt want to help

·
Registered
1,088 Posts

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
it was but he still had a timer in it at one time

·
Registered
534 Posts
Hey i got the same turbo timer and im gettin ready to install it as well... hey once you install this if you could make some directions and pm me with them or post them that be great help...

thanks
jason

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If anyone knows where the 12V constant, power ON, and Accesory power lines are on the ignition harness that's all I need to know, thanks!

·
Registered
445 Posts
12V - red
Ignition - green/yellow
Accessory - yellow

make sure you meter the wires first, there's more than one yellow under there, and dont be afraid to let the wires loose from the little trsy they sit in, it makes it easier. If you need any other wiring help pm me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts