Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i am thinking of getting some stage 2 cams, and i just want to know what everyone meens by saying "you will need a few buckets to install them" they just mean different nuts/bolts, stuff like that?

p.s. dont worry, im having a friend do it
just wondering what else i need to pick up to have it work out. thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
The "bucket" rides against the cam and pushes the valve open. In order to keep correct cam to bucket clearence, the size of the bucket must change. I hope you like your stage 2's. I have the crowers and there great.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not totally sure what you are talking about, i guess i would have to see it to understand. where do i go about getting a different "bucket" and how much am i looking at. thanks for the info!

·
Registered
163 Posts
ur gonna hafto get some buckets.just how many there are stock u hafto buy as many,u can get them from the dealership,just ask for some buckets and they should know what ur talking about

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
uh, readin this i suggest some professional installation. their NOT drop-in. no internal engine part is.

-ult

·
Registered
192 Posts
Here is a picture of the motor with the cams removed. The buckets are the round shiny things. It's actaully really tough to pre buy the replacements. You have to remove the old cams, install the new cams, and then use a feeler guage to determine the distance between the back of each cam lobe and it's corresponding bucket. Once you've measured that distance you have to determine if you need bigger or smaller buckets to make the distance between the two some given tollerance number that I don't know off the top of my head.

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i will be getting them installed by a friend, but i will need to be buying the parts for the install. thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
170 Posts
PM sent

1 - 9 of 9 Posts