Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this was kind of interesting to find, and it confirms what I say about the roads here. It is also the reason my insurance is $517 a month ($6,204 a year) 18 + new car in my name + less than perfect record

New Jersey 1 $1,146.39
Washington, D.C. 2 $1,143.71
New York 3 $1,091.43
Massachusetts 4 $1,028.62
Rhode Island 5 $972.01
Connecticut 6 $953.77
Nevada 7 $937.54
Louisiana 8 $928.48

From here

·
Registered
742 Posts
mine's free

(until i finish college... i love my parents)

mass and NJ are bound to be high anyway because they're no-fault states.

just looked on the site -
you should just move further northeast;
NH is ranked 33
VT, 43
ME, 50!

·
Internet = Serious Business
628 Posts
I was complaining about paying $1300 for all my cars. No tickets, no accidents. I think the reason it's high for the NE is because of winter.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
i am living at home and as far as insurance knows i drive a 96 tahoe i have a good student discount some other discount for the fammily being with our insurance for more than 5 years and a clean record (i have had tickes but its clean) and accidents on record yet. (see my focus got wrecked) any ways my insurance bill is 1400 a year

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
My friends' parents have to pay $7500 a year for three cars.
Hes been driving around in a 2002 Civic, and his parents accidentally added him to the plan. It was big surprize when they found out the bill went up by $4200.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
18 + new car in my name + less than perfect record
I think the "less than perfect record" (from previous threads) is an understatement.

Just my .02, resume topic

·
Registered
243 Posts
The reason it so high in MA is because it is a no fault state and insurance is required by law so the insurance industry has you over a barrel, also the state regulates what the insurance companies charge for primiums so from one insurance company to the other the price only varies about 10% and that is what your particular company is willing to give up out of there pocket, alot of companies will give a discount if you get all your insurance through there company ie multiple cars, house life etc... Again you can thank the state for creating the illimination of free trade and competition to drive prices down in the Automobile insurance industry in MA anyways
I must say though if I was paying over 6 large for insurance I'd consider a bike

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
I was complaining about paying $1300 for all my cars. No tickets, no accidents. I think the reason it's high for the NE is because of winter.
plus population density. plus a bunch of roads planned before cars were invented.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts