Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok check this out. i sell car insurance, and the program we use to quote people, it assigns a rating to different models of vehicles, like i'm sure most companies do. (higher rating = higher value or performance, etc).

anyways, a Focus ZX3 has a rating of 15 with our company, just to use it as a baseline.

now, this is where it is odd:

the Lancer Evolution has a rating of just 18, while the Focus SVT has a symbol 20 rating. how weird is that? once you hit the 20's, you get into higher risk vehicles, like Mercedes/BMW, fast sports cars, etc, yet the EVO is 2 symbols lower

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I would have figured the big HP numbers and price would have put the EVO way up there

Whats a WRX or STi score??

·
Banned
1,599 Posts
The EVO oWnZ Jo0!

Yea Jared, I also work at an insurance agency, we use Accu-Auto as the quoting system here. I never noticed until today though that the symbols were that much different.

Then again, we havent had an Evo come in for a quote so maybe thats why

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see that's the thing- i work for a company who contracts out auto insurance to a very large organization for retired people. i don't think i can say the name, but anyways, i am not sure what system we use to rate vehicles... alls i know is that 95% of the people who call are driving Buicks and Oldsmobiles, so maybe that's why the cars like this aren't rated all that properly.

another example: the STi isn't even in the system...i think they figure that there is no 75 year old in the world who would buy an STi. but the WRX wagon and sedan are there, the sedan is 18, the wagon is 17

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
<font color="blue">evo = 4dr svtf = 2
</font>

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Uh, pm me, I'd like to swtich the insurance on my EVO to your company. With USAA, my insurance is 3 times as much as what I was paying on my SVTF.

I'm serious. My policy is up on the 22nd of this month.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Your retired emulous???? Just kidding

So someone 65 - 75 is more likely to buy a 270hp AWD rally car instead of the 300 hp rally car and be safer then a 160 hp compact (thats like half the price)?? weird...
Frankly its the old folks in the big ol' caddies that scare the heck out me... 32-valve Northstar and they still enter a highway at 35

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uh, pm me, I'd like to swtich the insurance on my EVO to your company. With USAA, my insurance is 3 times as much as what I was paying on my SVTF.

I'm serious. My policy is up on the 22nd of this month.
sorry man, i actually had you in mind when i started this thread, cuz i remembered that your insurance got jacked up when you got your EVO. but you have to be an AARP member to be eligible for our policies.

ok, yeah i guess it doesn't matter that i say what company i work for, i work for the Hartford, on the AARP Insurance Program.

ohhh wait, maybe you could sucker your parents into going on a policy with you

WAIT: what state do you live in? some states, oddly enough, you don't need to be an AARP member to be in the AARP insurance program.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts