Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my car I carry the minimum basic liability. In my state it's 10/20/10. I think this means if I hit someone that it would only cover 10k to repair or replace their car. God forbid I hit a Mercedes, but I will carry on. If I did get in a wreck and it cost more than 10k would I be held responsible for forking up the remainder of the casH?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
too save money; what would you recommend? do u think 25/50/25 would be sufficient?

Wouldn't it be the logical thing to do to have more coverage than what you currently have? Especialy if you are worried about it. If you are THAT worried about it, raise your deductible when you raise your limits and it should offset the cost of the higher limits.
Seriously, if you only have 10 thousand to cover the other car... that doesn't cover a whole lot. Do you really want anyone coming after you for the difference?

Then again I'm sure someone else will chime in with 'well that's why other people have underinsured coverage'. Well, it's your responsibility to protect your car and be responsible if something should happen to someone else's car.
that's just my opinion though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts