Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything on my 2000 ZX3 is stock and I am looking to put a throttle body and intake in my car. What would be the best throttle body and intake be? I'm not sure what comes stock on a ZX3 but I have a DOHC Z-tech, but i'm sure its stock in a ZX3.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I think You'll get a better response in zetec tuning on this one.

[ 03-06-2003, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: noresull ]

·
Registered
662 Posts
bigdaddyfordzx3,
At the moment your throttle body choices are Focus Central and BBK(not sure who sells it though).

Intake choices are pleny, AEM short and full length CAI, Injen short and full length. MAC short ram, Iceman, Volant, Focus Central, Focus Sport, OBX, BOMZ, and others. Prices vary depending on your choice.

Check out the myFordFocus.com How-To Library for some install instructions and video clips of the throttle body, Iceman, MAC short ram, and AEM full length CAI. See http://www.myfordfocus.com/howto.htm

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
mcnews sells bbk...however u'd b advised 2 port ur stock TB as many have done. pocketin the money u save their 2 put 2 an intake/exhaust setup.

-Ult

·
Registered
490 Posts
i have a steeda short ram and i love it

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Buying a throttle body as one of the first mods is kind of a mistake. Its not really a restriction until you're running big numbers. Not to mention the $250 can be put to better mods. You should port your stock throttle body (like ult said), here are some pictures of mine. Notice that its not round from the factory that explains the poor throttle response in the focus. PM ult or I we could both further explain what is needed to do this.

·
Registered
59 Posts
:: Edit :: Oops my bad, perhaps I should pay more attention to the Post
hehe I thought the 3 from Zx3 was in the year... yeah port your TB

Uhm.... 2003 TB doesn't need porting. There is nothing to Port on it, the restriction is simply in the size of the Butterfly Valve.

I have a Ractive Short Ram and the 2003 TB from FC... the sound is amazing, the performance is amazing too but make sure you do your exhaust along with it... my car is taking in more air than it can spit out

[ 03-07-2003, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Stap Boy ]

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Originally posted by Stap Boy:
Uhm.... 2003 TB doesn't need porting. There is nothing to Port on it, the restriction is simply in the size of the Butterfly Valve.

I have a Ractive Short Ram and the 2003 TB from FC... the sound is amazing, the performance is amazing too but make sure you do your exhaust along with it... my car is taking in more air than it can spit out

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah he has a 2000 so he needs to port
But yeah mine now looks like the 2003, just took a dremel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts