Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just a couple of curiousity questions.
the dual stage manifold. i can easily figure out the wiring, but my q is.. if i were to hook up a msd rpm actuator type thing that trips at a certain rpm. would it be possible to rig up the intake manifold to work on a standard zetec? has anyone tried this yet on a focus? it seems simple enough. i know it will bolt to the head (i would have it portmatched to my ported head). i would have to have a custom intake tube made to take advantage of the 66mm throttle body. vacuumm lines would be no problem. its just basicly the wiring for the dual stage. lemme know if there is any write ups on this or anyone i could ask about it that has done it. my bored 58mm stock t/b (12mm smaller than the maf
) with a ported stock intake manifold isn't cutting it anymore.
thanks for the help!
~Tim

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Personally man, I would go with a FRPP intake mani. As you might know there has been a few problems with our intake manis, so to me its really not worth it. I think you would be better of with the FRPP. Thats just my opinion. I know of no one that has attempted this. If you do it you better post pics, because that would be pretty sick, but to me not much of a point. Good luck.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Wish I could help you. I think that the sizing should be the same. As for the electronics of the DSI, I am not capable of answering those questions.

·
Registered
537 Posts
This has been posted a lot both here and in the Zetec forum.

End all it isnt worth it to switch to the SVT DSI

1 - 5 of 5 Posts