Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the intake manifold the same on all the Zetec? Like the Zx2 and the Zx3 or the older Zetecs that are out there.

If you work at a ford dealer or know someone that does,please look into this for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
387 Posts
there is a new intake manifold out for us through ford racing

·
Registered
481 Posts
Bigfonsz,
You question is a bit confusing...

Do you mean is the 2001 Zetec intake the same as the 1999 and 2000?

Or do you mean, is the Zetec in the 2001 ZX3 the same as the Zetec in the other 2001 models?

If the latter, then yes. The Zetec in the 2001 ZX3 is the same as the Zetec is the same that is in the other 2001 models.

If however, you want to know if the intake manifold on a 2000 Zetec is the same as the intake manifold on the 2001 Zetec, I'll let someone else answer, cause I'm not sure.

------------------
Ray
2001 ZX3 Owner
[email protected]
Win Performance Products from Ford Racing
On Sale Now: myFordFocus.com and myZX3.com Decals
Buy Performance Products from the myFordFocus.com NOPI Store

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry

I have the a 1998 ZX2 and I want to find out if the intake manifold are the same on the 2000-2001 ZX3. I'm getting a custom build SC made and if the manifolds are the same I could use the one made buy ford racing and go from there
Thanks for you help please add more if you can.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
If this helps. One of the service reps at a local Ford dealer has a SR ZX2 and he ordered the same FRPP intake manifold that fits on the Focus. Of course Ford hasn't released this manifold yet.

------------------
"Hike up your skirt a little more, and show your world to me."

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate calling ford about stuff because they make you feel like you don't know what the hell you talking about when it them that don't have a clue. I was told there the same but the have diffent part numbers now I'm try to get someone to go take a look.

I'm going to keep calling around to find out but it's not looking good.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I know for a fact that the ZX2 and focus intake manifolds are diffrent. things liek vacume lines, IAC motor, ect are diffrent.

MIKE

·
Registered
506 Posts
Does anyone know about this new Manifold from Ford Racing?

·
Registered
481 Posts
jZoXe3,
What do you want to know?

I know it's not on fordracing.com

There is one in the BAT catalog, but not sure it's the same one you are referring to as "new"...
http://www.batinc.net/files/focus.pdf

High Flow Inlet Manifold 2.0L Zetec
New from Ford Motorsport this cast aluminum high flow intake manifold for 2.0 Zetec engines. Significantly improves inlet airflow for ultimate performance, especially when combined with a modified cylinder head. A must for turbo applications - can be used for upwards of 300hp. Easy fit direct replacement for stock.

H.P. Inlet Mainfold 2.0 Zetec H515 $474.50

Also, Sean Hyland Motorsports sells an intake manifold. http://seanhylandfocus.cc/prod/sec08.html

Hope that helps.

------------------
Ray
2001 ZX3 Owner
[email protected]

·
Registered
506 Posts
Cool man thanks for the INFO!

Any idea what kind of numbers this will produce???

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Lets say you have all the basic bolt ons like:

intake
exhaust
race heade
Throttle body
chip

would this intake manifold be overkill? can anyone make an educated guess as to the horsepower gain from this, if there is any loss anywhere in the powerband and where in the rpms would the gain be?
As far as know no one has it yet but I'm just asking for a educated guess from someone who has experiance with performance intake manifolds on other cars

------------------
01' Yellow ZX3

·
Registered
110 Posts
In the way they discribe the product, I dont see it giving anymore HP unless you have something to push more air thru it. I guess the engine can only suck so much air without something helping it. I could be wrong..

I would say maybe a couple of HP better than the stock with no forced air. If you had a turbo, it would porbably give you alot more when replacing the stock.

------------------
"This isnt your dady's V-8"
Mods: Boston Pro 5t tweeters, MB Quart midbass, Kenwood 6X9's, Poineer 35X4, Sony HU, 2 JL10W6, USA 50HC, Real Prefromance catback, K&N, FR plug wires, A/FX UDP http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=147528

[This message has been edited by chicken (edited 10-11-2001).]

·
Registered
481 Posts
I don't have any numbers for performance of the replacement intake manifolds. You need to get your hands on the Oct. issue of Sport Compact Car magazine, where the talked about how restrictive the intake manifold was.

Here is part of what they said:
"The intake manifold is a tortured, long runner mess seemingly designed to prevent horsepower. The throttle body is tiny and half shrouded in an effort to improve the Focus' crawling-through-traffic performance. The catalytic converter is nestled next to the engine and fed through a bizzare, convoluted, pinched exhaust manifold. The intake ports are straight and well positioned, but far to small for serious horsepower. The flywheel seems to weigh 30 lbs. And the cams, based solely on how the engine responds underfoot, seem ground for hauling groceries. It makes you want to replace everything, and that's exactly what we plan to do."

That was part II of their project Focus, which they didn't do the intake manifold... Guess you'll have to wait for part III

You can read part I online @ http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/archives/tech/tech01_0501.shtml

------------------
Ray
2001 ZX3 Owner
[email protected]

·
Registered
140 Posts
the 2000 zetec and the 2001 zetecs have diferant intake manifold designs, or from what i could see.
it looks like the runners are a little diferent., i just did a install (tb) on a 2001 and the intake looked diferant then mine, i didnt pay to much attentuion to it, but it was diferent.
this was a focus zetec 2001 and i as you all know run a 2000 zx3.
so yes there is a diferance, ill see if i can get some pics up by the end of this weekend to show the diferance.

rob

·
Registered
433 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chicken:
In the way they discribe the product, I dont see it giving anymore HP unless you have something to push more air thru it. I guess the engine can only suck so much air without something helping it. I could be wrong..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you are wrong. The intake will flow more air with less restriction. The reduction in restriction alone will provide a power increase. This intake was designed for a NATURALLY ASPIRATED application, no forced induction required.

Now, if we could just get Ford to release the damn thing to the public!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts