Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was looking in my engine bay today i realized how sh*tty the design of the stock intake manifold is. Does anyone know anyone who makes one or has one on there car? just wondering.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Ford racing makes one!
Don't know of anyone that has one though?
The stock one is plastic and the ford racing is alumminum with shorter runners and an actual plenum!

·
Registered
102 Posts
"High performance, cast aluminum intake manifold for the Focus ZX3 2.0L Zetec. Great for supercharged applications."??
what is Sean Hyland talking about??
doesn't a supercharger replace the intake manifold?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the JRSC would replace the manifold, i dont think it would bolt on to the plastic POS that came with the car.

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Originally posted by CTZX3:
i have the ford racing one, getting ready to test
and i also sell the older early 2000 design that was dynoed for 5 more hp
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Let me know what happens with the Ford Racing unit. I may be going with that one in search of 160whp with no headwork.

[ 10-12-2002, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: zx3ford ]

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
doesn't a supercharger replace the intake manifold?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">not really... the JRSC sits on top of a small manifold itself.

The Z-engineering supercharger design is much easier to see how a supercharger would not replace a manifold....

[Edit:] the SHM intake manifold is the Ford Racing intake manifold....

I thought Tom said he had real hell trying to get the Ford Racing manifold to fit correctly, but maybe he was trying to mod it to work with his specific applications....

[ 10-12-2002, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: Kelric ]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts