Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just installed a intake. i made it. it is three inch pipe for a civic and i cut to fit my sensor. just comes off the throttle body and goes strait down ending in the filter. but now i have a squeak happening at certin points in the accelerator. if you let it sit at that point it will squeal.any reason why it is happening it is coming from the throttle body and i cant afford to replace it yet please help

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
I read something about that noise comming from the throttle body. It apparently isn't a problem other than just annoying. Try searching for it here- I know it wasn't THAT old of a thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also my accelerator sticks when you first push on it it doesnt want to go. it takes pressure to make it go the first inch and it snaps past that point and as long as i keep the peadle semi depressed it wont stick but it does if i let all the way off

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
also my accelerator sticks when you first push on it it doesnt want to go. it takes pressure to make it go the first inch and it snaps past that point...

You might have the hose clamp on the throttle body too tight.

The TB's made of plastic; doesn't take too much clamping force to seal that tubing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
All it is, is the air sucking in, I happen to love that noise. =)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts