Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all!

I want to get an air intake for my focus. I have a zx3 (kona package if that makes a difference), automatic. I was calling a local parts store about a K&N intake and they said manual only.

Enlighten me? What's the difference?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
hmmm....well if just k+n panel filter, that fits all zetec foci. but if he spoke bout the fipk intake system, i cannot say if its an issue or not. u really cant loose w/an iceman. i have ghetto intake myself, but i recommend the iceman. just stay away from the shorty intakes, they sound like they give power, but thats bout it.

good luck and welcome,

-Ult

[ 11-21-2002, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
247 Posts
Oh man they need to have K*nowledge dropped on them. Every intake for the focus I have seen works on both ATX and MTX.

Don't order from some one who doesn't know what they are talking about. Pick a FJ sponcer.

Suggestions:

CFM New Edge Performance Focus Sport McNews Automotive MyFordPerformance.com

Keep quiet you search mongers and just help the guy out.

[ 11-21-2002, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Chaffed ]

·
Registered
904 Posts
The one peice AEM will not fit the auto focus. Not to sure in the K&N, they look like they will fit since they are a dressed up over priced shorty intake. My opinion.

---Herb---

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info guys!

Also, I have heard that (I'm a n00b to all of this stuff, btw) these air intakes improve gas mileage. If I wanted to, say, convince my wife of getting a better one
, how much better does it help?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ray I have no clue what you're talking about
. Of course I mentioned you guys. Maybe you didn't see it?

·
Registered
847 Posts
Originally posted by Chaffed:
Oh man they need to have K*nowledge dropped on them. Every intake for the focus I have seen works on both ATX and MTX.

Don't order from some one who doesn't know what they are talking about. Pick a FJ sponcer.

Suggestions:

CFM New Edge Performance Focus Sport McNews Automotive MyFordPerformance.com

Keep quiet you search mongers and just help the guy out.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Maybe the two kits might be similar, but K&N lists DIFFERENT part #s for the automatic and manual FIPK intake kits.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts