Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok....sorry but i got an spi engine. im gonna ask this here too cuz i didnt get enough repies from the spi boards. anyways....i just wanna know.....what size plumbing reducer could i get so i can fit an zetec after market intake onto my spi engine?? you know...instead of a tb right now. any replies would be apreciated

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Just because I'm bitter and jealous that you live in Maui, I'm not going to answer this question
J/K....I have no idea...

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ahhh do not be bitter and jealous of a person who pays $2.37 a gal for regular gas

·
Registered
662 Posts
FordFocusDanielSan,
Depends on who's aftermarket intake kit you are buying.

In fact, most of the intakes use a rubber elbow from the tubing to the t/b, so it might be impossible for you to do anything at all.

The MAC short ram for example has a 3" (I think) tube, with a rubber elbow that fit's the Zetec throttle body. So it's going to be difficult to put a reducer onto the rubber elbow. Same is probably also true for an AEM short ram and full length CAI.

Are there any intake kits that have a metal tube that is bent, or has an elbow built in, with a rubber sleeve to the t/b? I'm trying to remember is those Ractive kits are like that or not.

I know the Iceman kit of course has the "built in elbow" and uses a rubber sleeve to adapt to the regular t/b, and of course they have SPI kits with the proper reducer. If no one else has the answer you are looking for, I can measure the Iceman reducer for you next week when I get back to my store.

BTW, I have a Iceman SPI kit (Red) in stock that I would give you a good deal on to get rid of it
Shoot me an email if you are interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts