Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im looking into buying an intake for my zx3 just wanted to know some of you guys preferances. Im looking for more of a performance upgrade. Help me out.

·
Registered
411 Posts
AEM shorty or CAI?
BTW, I pick ice-man.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I have had BOTH systems in my car.

Iceman was cool, i had a lot of torque down low. Under the hood it looked stock
people didnt know I had an intake until I pointed it out.

AEM is better in my eyes. You can hear this intake sucking the air in. And anyone who has the AEM CAI will tell you that from 6500-7000 this thing SCREAMS, reminiscent of the VTEC sound.

AEM CAI > Iceman > stock

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Ice, Ice baby !
(couldn't help myself)

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
lemme state that i have neither of these intakes, so i would not boast 1 over the other b/c i have it. every1 says what they buy is best, well what i put 2gether 4 free puts up a damn good fight, so here is my take (er intake lol).

its good that it loox stock, b/c thats what the cops think it is as well, stock...we all remember the lil ditty bout mtv street racer prgm. who cares if no1 thought u had an intake, thats even better. when they think u have nothin, but their wrong. and the suckin sound isnt indicative of anything, shortys do that and we know how good they r't. i have my ghetto intake right now, and i speak on this havin a similar setup as the aem. just home brewed. the aem also doesnt afford u the ability 2 install a 70mm MAF. it also tends 2 b a lil 2 loud and even rattles horribly in some instances. unless u buy a knockoff, the thing is way 2 expensive.

and also ur talkin bout a part of the revband where if u havent down SERIOUS mods 2 ur motor, is otherwise useless.

my .02

-Ult

[ 11-22-2002, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
>>Iceman was cool, i had a lot of torque down low. Under the hood it looked stock people didnt know I had an intake until I pointed it out. >>

I like the fact it looks stock, I have noticed a nice increase in pickup since I installed my Iceman, if you want more low end go Ice if you want high end go AEM.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Iceman sucks!!
It's made out of a cheap looking plastic (mostly if it's some color like yellow) that installed in your car..makes your car looks cheap as well..
AEM at least is made out of a metal material that seems to be more dependable and plus the AEM sticker is just much more cooler then Iceman's..
Plus AEM usually can defend their comment of 5-10 horse power by dyno test results..I don't see Iceman doing that..

I think the real arugment should be..Injen or AEM..

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Originally posted by Hitokiri:
Iceman sucks!!
It's made out of a cheap looking plastic (mostly if it's some color like yellow) that installed in your car..makes your car looks cheap as well..
AEM at least is made out of a metal material that seems to be more dependable and plus the AEM sticker is just much more cooler then Iceman's..
Plus AEM usually can defend their comment of 5-10 horse power by dyno test results..I don't see Iceman doing that..
I think the real arugment should be..Injen or AEM..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Why would you choose an intake based on which sticker looks cooler?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've been looking for that magical sticker everywhere!

I vote Iceman all the way, for the reasons above.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Iceman sucks!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just want to know do you ever try a ice-man?

·
Registered
452 Posts
iceman, b/c aem only phucks your motor up. trust me i sold my iceman and got an aem, big mistake, now i got mad water in my engine, the bypass only works for **** load of water intake -> aem money scam! unless you want want to be like everyone else and get it because its "trendy"

·
Registered
745 Posts
i have the K&N FIPK...it is a great intake with a killer sound to it...the heat shield has an opening to allow the stock air tube from the grill to come up... its more than just a tube that runs to the throttle body it is designed to perform...see the post K&N FIPK you'll get pics and worthwhile discussion on the product

·
Registered
93 Posts
O.K. I guess that Sport Compact doesnt know what there talking about then,,,, Right,Listen they got 5 HP on Avg. and about 8 HP at peak. So i guess that the AEM is no good then. Look just get the AEM and u will thank yourself later........

1 - 20 of 37 Posts