Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what kinda sound the FS Cool Flo makes I'm still debating between it and ice man.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
I know you have an Exhaust, and honestly, with our FS Cool-Flo and our Custom Exhaust...I can barely hear the intake, only at WOT and all I can hear is the Intake whistle(gotta love it)

But without the intake, the exhaust does not sound as deep as it should, when you get an intake, the exhaust sound will change a lil for the better

drew
fok

BTW - Go for the iceman, if we werent planning on coupling the Iceman with our Cool-Flo, we would have just gone for the iceman

[ 01-01-2002: Message edited by: focusownerskid ]</p>

·
Registered
816 Posts
I beg to differ... I would get an AEM CAI or an Injen CAI the only way to go in my opinion...

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have the iceman and I love it, I have put on many intakes and the iceman is the best bang for the buck it cleans up nicely after about 60 which in my mind is were the Zetec needed it. It gives you 1 less hp than the aem and is 100 bucks cheaper. In my opinion iceman hands down. Oh yeah with the iceman you dont have to spend 40 more dollars to protect your car from water ingestion. just my opinioon

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by CTZX3:
actually I'd wait for the new Focus Central Carbon Fiber intake, that is similar to the Volant, but all carbon fiber.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">carbon fiber whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! are you serious? when is the release on that. plus would that evan work?

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
Throttle response with Iceman is really good--I'd tell everybody that wants an intake to get one.

It's not as 'flashy' as some other types, and it looks like an O.E. part if you get it in black--therefore it does not draw any undue attention when in for service (or emissions testing). The bottom line is that it works well--especially in the low to mid RPM range.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I got a bomz intake cai for 70.00 and it works fine haven't have any problems hook up is a cinch man i wanted an aem cai too but im not paying 200+ when i cna get it for cheaper and everything is the same with it. all you need is a safety torx screw # 20 and that's it youre good to go. IMHO go for the bomz. Al they are are names same way of making intake but different names...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts