Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the Focus sedan seats inter-change with ZX3 seats?

My driver's side seat in my ZX3 is MAJORLY BROKEN! I'm wanting seats from a sedan or coupe because i'm a big guy. So can it be done? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
267 Posts
just hope the wiring is the same. I'm having a major issue w/ mine. But I'm sure the sedan and zx3's harness' are the same.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have an 00 zts and I replaced my seats with the ones out of an 02 zx3 and the plugs were the same but the ones out of the 02 did not have side airbags and mine did. So everything bolted up but the air bag light is now on.
I even switched the pre tensioners because the 02 was recked and the pre tensioner was sprong so I had to use the one off of my seats. But everything should bolt up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How much did you pay for the pair of ZX3 seats?

·
Registered
267 Posts
So you're saying even after replacing the seatbelt w/ the wiring harness, the air bag light still comes on???

·
Registered
122 Posts
So you're saying even after replacing the seatbelt w/ the wiring harness, the air bag light still comes on???
The seats I bought did not have side air bags in them,and the ones that came with my car had side air bags. I bought them for $100 a pair from a junk yard.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If the seats that were removed had SAB's and the ones going in don't, the light will go on.
It's because the control module is expecting to see them and isn't.
If you replace SAB seats w/ SAB seats and it goes on, take it to a dealer to diagnose, one of the seats/ module could be damaged.
~Paris

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks...yeah. I posted something earlier today about how i fixed my solution. Basically I cut off the two wires that connect from the SVT harness and spliced the two identical wires from my zx3 seats and just reused the original harness. There are empty ports on the SVT harness but I'm not using them( SAB, and some other options). So far no lights, so I'm pretty satisfied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts